- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRrun out1348400032.50b Harris12532721915357.07c †Germon b Patel4058574270.17b Harris59116979060.82not out20843533331162.46c Astle b Patel411891545026.62run out1842424042.85c Fleming b Larsen1442322043.75not out2154342161.76Extras9 (lb 3, nb 6)TOTAL548/7d (166 Overs, RR: 3.30)Fall of wickets: 1-35 (SL Campbell, ), 2-96 (BC Lara, ), 3-193 (PV Simmons, ), 4-280 (RG Samuels, ), 5-405 (S Chanderpaul, ), 6-448 (CO Browne, ), 7-495 (IR Bishop, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Browne b Walsh541601069050.94b Ambrose224200010.00lbw b Ambrose022000.00c †Browne b Bishop39111857045.88c Simmons b Ambrose10321716512162.42b Dhanraj26122862030.23c Adams b Ambrose4064516078.43c †Browne b Ambrose491691347036.56c †Browne b Bishop782301749044.82not out1778562030.35c †Browne b Bishop41071057.14Extras25 (lb 7, nb 18)TOTAL437 all out (144.3 Overs, RR: 3.02)Fall of wickets: 1-9 (RG Twose, ), 2-9 (DK Morrison, ), 3-98 (SP Fleming, ), 4-108 (CM Spearman, ), 5-202 (JTC Vaughan, ), 6-276 (NJ Astle, ), 7-281 (CZ Harris, ), 8-391 (LK Germon, ), 9-425 (DN Patel, ), 10-437 (RJ Kennedy, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Fleming b Vaughan36111837043.37lbw b Morrison42210200.00c Fleming b Morrison741641199062.18c Vaughan b Harris0106000.00c & b Vaughan622141042.85b Morrison84520160.00lbw b Larsen563410012.19c †Germon b Morrison929132069.23lbw b Morrison633191031.57not out1757422040.47b Vaughan941251036.00Extras10 (lb 2, nb 8)TOTAL184 all out (61.3 Overs, RR: 2.99)Fall of wickets: 1-5 (RG Samuels, ), 2-89 (SL Campbell, ), 3-94 (PV Simmons, ), 4-119 (JC Adams, ), 5-128 (S Chanderpaul, ), 6-133 (BC Lara, ), 7-147 (IR Bishop, ), 8-155 (CO Browne, ), 9-158 (CEL Ambrose, ), 10-184 (R Dhanraj, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Browne b Ambrose2440365066.66c Samuels b Ambrose215100020.00not out562461727032.55c Adams b Simmons830242033.33lbw b Walsh32108885036.36c & b Dhanraj45845008.88not out01516000.00Extras4 (lb 1, nb 1, w 2)TOTAL130/5 (65 Overs, RR: 2.00)Fall of wickets: 1-19 (RG Twose, ), 2-30 (CM Spearman, ), 3-39 (NJ Astle, ), 4-96 (JTC Vaughan, ), 5-127 (CZ Harris, )
- Antigua Recreation Ground, St John's, Antigua
New Zealand , elected to field first
West Indies won the 2-match series 1-0
Player of the match
Player of the series
27,28,29 April, 1,2 May 1996 (5-day match)
- Sat, 27 Apr - day 1 - West Indies 1st innings 302/4 (JC Adams 50*, S Chanderpaul 6*)
- Sun, 28 Apr - day 2 - New Zealand 1st innings 21/2 (CM Spearman 14*, SP Fleming 5*)
- Mon, 29 Apr - day 3 - New Zealand 1st innings 346/7 (LK Germon 25*, DN Patel 37*)
- Tue, 30 Apr - rest day
- Wed, 1 May - day 4 - West Indies 2nd innings 147/7 (CO Browne 3*, CEL Ambrose 0*)
- Thu, 2 May - day 5 - New Zealand 2nd innings 130/5 (65 ov) - end of match
- Reserve Umpire: C Mack
- NZ 1st innings
- Danny Morrison's duck in NZ's 1st innings was his 24th, a World Record in tests.
- With his 103, Nathan Astle became only the 3rd batsmen in 25 years to score successive centuries against the WI in the Carribean.
- WI 2nd innings
- Ball replaced after just six overs in the West Indies second innings.
- Lara dropped by Fleming off Kennedy at 13 just after Tea on the fourth day and by Germon off Harris just after the drinks break.