- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRrun out1340480032.50b Harris12521932715357.07c †Germon b Patel4057584270.17b Harris59971169060.82not out20833343531162.46c Astle b Patel411541895026.62run out1842424042.85c Fleming b Larsen1432422043.75not out2134542161.76Extras9 (lb 3, nb 6)TOTAL548/7d (166 Overs, RR: 3.3)Fall of wickets: 1-35 (SL Campbell), 2-96 (BC Lara), 3-193 (PV Simmons), 4-280 (RG Samuels), 5-405 (S Chanderpaul), 6-448 (CO Browne), 7-495 (IR Bishop)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Browne b Walsh541061609050.94b Ambrose220240010.00lbw b Ambrose022000.00c †Browne b Bishop39851117045.88c Simmons b Ambrose10316521712162.42b Dhanraj26861222030.23c Adams b Ambrose4051646078.43c †Browne b Ambrose491341697036.56c †Browne b Bishop781742309044.82not out1756782030.35c †Browne b Bishop47101057.14Extras25 (lb 7, nb 18)TOTAL437 all out (144.3 Overs, RR: 3.02)Fall of wickets: 1-9 (RG Twose), 2-9 (DK Morrison), 3-98 (SP Fleming), 4-108 (CM Spearman), 5-202 (JTC Vaughan), 6-276 (NJ Astle), 7-281 (CZ Harris), 8-391 (LK Germon), 9-425 (DN Patel), 10-437 (RJ Kennedy)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Fleming b Vaughan36831117043.37lbw b Morrison42210200.00c Fleming b Morrison741191649062.18c Vaughan b Harris0610000.00c & b Vaughan614221042.85b Morrison85420160.00lbw b Larsen541630012.19c †Germon b Morrison913292069.23lbw b Morrison619331031.57not out1742572040.47b Vaughan925411036.00Extras10 (lb 2, nb 8)TOTAL184 all out (61.3 Overs, RR: 2.99)Fall of wickets: 1-5 (RG Samuels), 2-89 (SL Campbell), 3-94 (PV Simmons), 4-119 (JC Adams), 5-128 (S Chanderpaul), 6-133 (BC Lara), 7-147 (IR Bishop), 8-155 (CO Browne), 9-158 (CEL Ambrose), 10-184 (R Dhanraj)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Browne b Ambrose2436405066.66c Samuels b Ambrose210150020.00not out561722467032.55c Adams b Simmons824302033.33lbw b Walsh32881085036.36c & b Dhanraj44558008.88not out01615000.00Extras4 (lb 1, nb 1, w 2)TOTAL130/5 (65 Overs, RR: 2.0)Fall of wickets: 1-19 (RG Twose), 2-30 (CM Spearman), 3-39 (NJ Astle), 4-96 (JTC Vaughan), 5-127 (CZ Harris)
New Zealand , elected to field first
Player Of The Series
Player Of The Match
West Indies won the 2-match series 1-0
27,28,29 April, 1,2 May 1996 (5-day match)
- Sat, 27 Apr - day 1 - West Indies 1st innings 302/4 (JC Adams 50*, S Chanderpaul 6*, )
- Sun, 28 Apr - day 2 - New Zealand 1st innings 21/2 (CM Spearman 14*, SP Fleming 5*, )
- Mon, 29 Apr - day 3 - New Zealand 1st innings 346/7 (LK Germon 25*, DN Patel 37*, )
- Tue, 30 Apr - rest day
- Wed, 01 May - day 4 - West Indies 2nd innings 147/7 (CO Browne 3*, CEL Ambrose 0*, )
- Thu, 02 May - day 5 - New Zealand 2nd innings 130/5 (65 ov) - end of match
- Reserve Umpire: C Mack
- NZ 1st innings
- Danny Morrison's duck in NZ's 1st innings was his 24th, a World Record in tests.
- With his 103, Nathan Astle became only the 3rd batsmen in 25 years to score successive centuries against the WI in the Carribean.
- WI 2nd innings
- Ball replaced after just six overs in the West Indies second innings.
- Lara dropped by Fleming off Kennedy at 13 just after Tea on the fourth day and by Germon off Harris just after the drinks break.