- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc GW Flower b BC Strang4270945060.00c †A Flower b Brandes1849743036.73c Carlisle b Whittall8417322214048.55c †A Flower b BC Strang0913000.00c & b Brandes1447671029.78c & b PA Strang571291447044.18c †A Flower b Streak2544525056.81not out733581021.21lbw b Streak0811000.00c Campbell b Streak034000.00c & b BC Strang0913000.00Extras4 (lb 3, nb 1)TOTAL251 all out (95.3 Overs, RR: 2.62)Fall of wickets: 1-50 (RG Twose), 2-78 (CM Spearman), 3-86 (AC Parore), 4-117 (NJ Astle), 5-216 (SP Fleming), 6-232 (CL Cairns), 7-244 (LK Germon), 8-246 (GR Larsen), 9-246 (RJ Kennedy), 10-251 (GI Allott)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Allott5870062.50c Astle b Kennedy1235462034.28c †Germon b Cairns2739535069.23retired hurt10420430612050.98lbw b Allott35861235040.69lbw b Allott17831032020.48b Larsen729320024.13b Cairns215210013.33c Parore b Patel44801115055.00c Astle b Patel3962812262.90not out1423212060.86Extras20 (b 1, lb 11, nb 6, w 2)TOTAL326 all out (110 Overs, RR: 2.96, 456 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-5 (GW Flower), 2-38 (SV Carlisle), 3-50 (GJ Whittall), 4-138 (A Flower), 5-196 (ADR Campbell), 6-217 (CB Wishart), 7-222 (HH Streak), 7-231* (DL Houghton, retired not out ), 8-310 (EA Brandes), 9-326 (PA Strang)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Carlisle b Streak1122193349151.14c & b Streak942873269132.75c Wishart b Streak314270021.42not out761352129056.29c †A Flower b Brandes1342582030.95b Streak12096122109125.00not out18100012.50Extras22 (b 6, lb 15, nb 1)TOTAL441/5d (133 Overs, RR: 3.31)Fall of wickets: 1-214 (RG Twose), 2-217 (CM Spearman), 3-221 (SP Fleming), 4-261 (NJ Astle), 5-427 (CL Cairns)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Kennedy b Patel712022846035.14c Fleming b Kennedy581652237035.15c †Germon b Patel1045500022.22not out45981354045.91c †Germon b Twose34831034040.96not out1216212075.00Extras16 (lb 6, nb 8, w 2)TOTAL246/4 (100 Overs, RR: 2.46)Fall of wickets: 1-120 (SV Carlisle), 2-144 (GJ Whittall), 3-145 (GW Flower), 4-225 (ADR Campbell)
New Zealand , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
2-match series drawn 0-0
20,21,22,23,24 January 1996 (5-day match)
- Sat, 20 Jan - day 1 - New Zealand 1st innings 246/8 (DN Patel 2*, RJ Kennedy 0*)
- Sun, 21 Jan - day 2 - Zimbabwe 1st innings 231/7 (DL Houghton 104*, PA Strang 5*)
- Mon, 22 Jan - day 3 - New Zealand 2nd innings 138/0 (CM Spearman 71*, RG Twose 57*)
- Tue, 23 Jan - day 4 - Zimbabwe 2nd innings 39/0 (GW Flower 22*, SV Carlisle 14*)
- Wed, 24 Jan - day 5 - Zimbabwe 2nd innings 246/4 (100 ov) - end of match
- CM Spearman, maiden Test 100, (3rd Test).
- CL Cairns 100 off 86 balls, 1st Test 100, 2nd fastest ever recorded for a New Zealander (Fastest ever for NZ was by BR Taylor v WI in 1969, 83 balls), equal 9th fastest ever recorded in Test history.
- CL Cairns 120, 96 balls, 10x4, 9x6, 2nd only to WR Hammond (ENG), 10x6, v NZ in 1932/33 for most 6s in an innings.
- AC Parore passed 1000 runs in Test cricket.
- CL Cairns and AC Parore, 166 runs for the 5th wicket off 171 balls
- DL Houghton retired hurt at 231/7 (before the start of play)
- DL Houghton's century in 297 minutes off 204 balls with 12x4.
- CL Cairns claims his 50th Test wicket.
- A Flower passed 1000 runs in Test cricket.
- SP Fleming 84, 14x4; dropped at 0 and 16; passed 1000 runs in Tests.