- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc ME Waugh b Fleming471471054044.76c Boon b Fleming802732178036.86c SR Waugh b McIntyre11741028614040.90c Taylor b Warne2635355074.28b Warne281191102025.45c Taylor b McDermott628201030.00c Blewett b McDermott1033201050.00c Blewett b McIntyre2129322165.62run out (sub [GD McGrath]/McIntyre)724220031.81b McDermott031000.00not out065000.00Extras11 (b 2, lb 5, nb 2, w 2)TOTAL353 all out (141.3 Overs, RR: 2.49, 558 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-93 (GA Gooch, ), 2-175 (MA Atherton, ), 3-211 (GP Thorpe, ), 4-286 (JP Crawley, ), 5-293 (SJ Rhodes, ), 6-307 (CC Lewis, ), 7-334 (PAJ DeFreitas, ), 8-353 (ARC Fraser, ), 9-353 (DE Malcolm, ), 10-353 (MW Gatting, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Atherton b DeFreitas671521146058.77lbw b Lewis902671997045.22c †Rhodes b DeFreitas095000.00c †Rhodes b Fraser39110643060.93c Atherton b Lewis1945332057.57not out10226118012056.66c †Rhodes b Malcolm741731216061.15c Thorpe b Fraser716121058.33c †Rhodes b Malcolm044000.00b Malcolm0186000.00c Crawley b Fraser5671071.42Extras16 (b 2, lb 7, nb 7)TOTAL419 all out (121.5 Overs, RR: 3.43, 535 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-128 (MJ Slater, ), 2-130 (DC Boon, ), 3-202 (MA Taylor, ), 4-207 (ME Waugh, ), 5-232 (SR Waugh, ), 6-396 (IA Healy, ), 7-405 (SK Warne, ), 8-406 (DW Fleming, ), 9-414 (PE McIntyre, ), 10-419 (CJ McDermott, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Healy b McDermott341331013033.66lbw b ME Waugh1462550025.45b ME Waugh065000.00c Warne b McDermott8314011710070.94c & b ME Waugh712121525046.71c Fleming b Warne22180025.00b Fleming723190036.84c †Healy b ME Waugh88120959292.63c McDermott b ME Waugh527110045.45not out108411250.00lbw b Warne053000.00Extras14 (b 6, lb 8)TOTAL328 all out (94.5 Overs, RR: 3.45, 383 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-26 (MA Atherton, ), 2-30 (MW Gatting, ), 3-83 (GA Gooch, ), 4-154 (GP Thorpe, ), 5-169 (SJ Rhodes, ), 6-181 (CC Lewis, ), 7-270 (JP Crawley, ), 8-317 (ARC Fraser, ), 9-317 (PAJ DeFreitas, ), 10-328 (PCR Tufnell, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Thorpe b Malcolm1337322040.62c Tufnell b Malcolm551290017.24c †Rhodes b Fraser4871057.14c Gatting b Tufnell2458333072.72b Malcolm021000.00c †Rhodes b Lewis1274540022.22not out511681364037.50lbw b Lewis218200010.00c †Rhodes b Lewis024000.00lbw b Lewis24112662036.36lbw b Malcolm0104000.00Extras21 (b 3, lb 5, nb 13)TOTAL156 all out (61.1 Overs, RR: 2.55, 274 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-17 (MA Taylor, ), 2-22 (DC Boon, ), 3-22 (MJ Slater, ), 4-23 (SR Waugh, ), 5-64 (ME Waugh, ), 6-75 (GS Blewett, ), 7-83 (SK Warne, ), 8-83 (CJ McDermott, ), 9-152 (DW Fleming, ), 10-156 (PE McIntyre, )
- North Adelaide, SA, 5006 Telephone: +61 8 8300 3800
England , elected to bat first
Australia led the 5-match series 2-1
Player of the match
26,27,28,29,30 January 1995 (5-day match)
- Thu, 26 Jan - day 1 - England 1st innings 196/2 (MW Gatting 50*, GP Thorpe 16*)
- Fri, 27 Jan - day 2 - Australia 1st innings 81/0 (MJ Slater 36*, MA Taylor 43*)
- Sat, 28 Jan - day 3 - Australia 1st innings 394/5 (GS Blewett 91*, IA Healy 72*)
- Sun, 29 Jan - day 4 - England 2nd innings 220/6 (JP Crawley 49*, PAJ DeFreitas 20*)
- Mon, 30 Jan - day 5 - Australia 2nd innings 156 (61.1 ov) - end of match
- 12th Men: GD McGrath (Aus) and JE Benjamin (Eng)
- Eng 1st innings
- Gatting 100 (255b 356m 12x4)
- Eng 2nd innings
- DeFreitas 88 (95b 9x4 2x6)
- Malcolm 10 (4b 1x4 1x6)
- Day 1: Storm caused an early finish (1+ hr lost). Hick is out of rest of the tour with a stiff back. Gatting (on 20) was bowled off a McDermott no-ball.
- Day 2: New ball taken at the start of the 89th over. Fleming left the field after his 25th over, injured hamstring (105th over of the Eng 1st inns).
- Day 5: England added 108 in 85 minutes, 31 runs from the first three overs with the newball (taken at 85 overs) DeFreitas hit 44.446 off the last McDermott over. Australia were 83-8 just after tea. England won with 5.5 overs to spare.
- Attendance: 89,448 Ric Finlay