- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Warne b Reiffel1449382036.84c ME Waugh b Warne531301053150.47c Warne b May1034360027.77st †Healy b May1628301053.33run out (SR Waugh/Border)1229211057.14run out (Slater)1536260057.69st †Healy b Border612180033.33b SR Waugh1719191089.47not out71480087.50c †Healy b Border021000.00st †Healy b Border011000.00Extras8 (lb 4, nb 3, w 1)TOTAL158 all out (49.5 Overs, RR: 3.17)Fall of wickets: 1-35 (AC Hudson, ), 2-62 (WJ Cronje, ), 3-87 (JN Rhodes, ), 4-109 (PN Kirsten, ), 5-118 (AP Kuiper, ), 6-129 (EO Simons, ), 7-139 (KC Wessels, ), 8-155 (BM McMillan, ), 9-158 (CR Matthews, ), 10-158 (PS de Villiers, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Kirsten b Simons3168564055.35run out (Rhodes)3083573052.63lbw b Simons822230034.78not out2172451046.66not out676260110111.66Extras2 (lb 2)TOTAL159/3 (40 Overs, RR: 3.97)Fall of wickets: 1-57 (MJ Slater, ), 2-66 (DC Boon, ), 3-71 (DM Jones, )
South Africa , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
South Africa led the 8-match series 3-2
2 April 1994 - day/night match (50-over match)
- How each batsman lost his wicket:
- South Africa: Andrew Hidson (spooned to mid-on), Peter Kirsten (misjudged ball that held up, hit to cover), Hansie Cronje (skied to long on), Jonty Rhodes (down wicket, beaten by turn), Adrian Kuiper (sent back too late by Wessels), Kepler Wessels (attempted impossible single), Eric Simons (going down wicket, beaten by flight), Brian McMillan (bowled round legs), Craig Matthews (faint edge to keeper), Fanie de Villiers (down wicket, misjudged line).
- Australia: Michael Slater (drove uppishly to cover), David Boon (sent back, stranded after Jones drove to cover), Dean Jones (playing across line, ball cut back).
- Attendance: About 18,000