- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRlbw b Botham2277513043.13b Allott1022331030.30c Botham b Ellison1882571031.57c Allott b Botham842251032.00c Tavare b Botham314100030.00not out602021125053.57c Gower b Ellison074000.00c Fowler b Allott3273585055.17b Botham1861463039.13lbw b Botham022000.00c †Downton b Allott643340017.64Extras13 (b 1, lb 4, nb 1, w 7)TOTAL190 all out (70 Overs, RR: 2.71)Fall of wickets: 1-19 (DL Haynes, ), 2-45 (CG Greenidge, ), 3-64 (HA Gomes, ), 4-64 (IVA Richards, ), 5-67 (PJL Dujon, ), 6-70 (MD Marshall, ), 7-124 (EAE Baptiste, ), 8-154 (RA Harper, ), 9-154 (MA Holding, ), 10-190 (J Garner, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Richards b Baptiste3191512060.78b Garner419130030.76c Greenidge b Marshall04221000.00c †Dujon b Holding1692552029.09c †Dujon b Holding1241342035.29lbw b Marshall1267400030.00c †Dujon b Marshall1422201070.00c Lloyd b Garner1675620025.80not out2077432046.51b Marshall1629241066.66b Marshall56100050.00Extras16 (b 2, lb 4, nb 10)TOTAL162 all out (61.5 Overs, RR: 2.61)Fall of wickets: 1-10 (BC Broad, ), 1-21 (G Fowler, ), 2-22 (PI Pocock, ), 3-45 (DI Gower, ), 4-64 (CJ Tavare, ), 5-83 (IT Botham, ), 6-84 (AJ Lamb, ), 7-116 (G Fowler, ), 8-133 (PR Downton, ), 9-156 (PJW Allott, ), 10-162 (JP Agnew, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Botham b Agnew3451394087.17b Botham12543932917037.99c Tavare b Ellison1560016.66lbw b Agnew15131120136.36c †Downton b Ellison36108623058.06c Lamb b Ellison4977638077.77c †Downton b Allott570470010.63c Lamb b Botham1227142085.71c †Downton b Allott17301721100.00lbw b Botham3058363183.33not out1018151066.66Extras12 (lb 12)TOTAL346 all out (96.3 Overs, RR: 3.58)Fall of wickets: 1-51 (CG Greenidge, ), 2-52 (HA Gomes, ), 3-69 (IVA Richards, ), 4-132 (CH Lloyd, ), 5-214 (PJL Dujon, ), 6-237 (EAE Baptiste, ), 7-264 (MD Marshall, ), 8-293 (RA Harper, ), 9-329 (DL Haynes, ), 10-346 (MA Holding, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Richards b Marshall737301023.33c Greenidge b Holding391671040037.50c Richards b Garner492011534032.02lbw b Holding720121058.33c Haynes b Holding1320050.00c Marshall b Garner541005160105.88lbw b Garner1066461021.73c Holding b Garner1334241054.16c Lloyd b Holding41361066.66c & b Holding012000.00not out24200100.00Extras16 (lb 2, nb 13, w 1)TOTAL202 all out (69.4 Overs, RR: 2.89)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (G Fowler, ), 2-75 (BC Broad, ), 3-88 (DI Gower, ), 4-90 (AJ Lamb, ), 5-135 (CJ Tavare, ), 6-181 (IT Botham, ), 7-186 (PR Downton, ), 8-200 (PJW Allott, ), 9-200 (PI Pocock, ), 10-202 (RM Ellison, )
West Indies , elected to bat first
West Indies won the 5-match series 5-0
Player of the match
Player of the series
9,10,11,13,14 August 1984 (5-day match)
- Thu, 9 Aug - day 1 - England 1st innings 10/1 (G Fowler 4*, PI Pocock 0*)
- Fri, 10 Aug - day 2 - West Indies 2nd innings 15/0 (CG Greenidge 10*, DL Haynes 4*)
- Sat, 11 Aug - day 3 - West Indies 2nd innings 284/7 (DL Haynes 111*, RA Harper 14*)
- Sun, 12 Aug - rest day
- Mon, 13 Aug - day 4 - England 2nd innings 151/5 (IT Botham 32*, PR Downton 2*)
- Tue, 14 Aug - day 5 - England 2nd innings 202 (69.4 ov) - end of match
- PI Pocock becomes the second Englishman after R.Peel (1894-5) to be dismissed for a `pair' twice in consecutive matches.
- This is the 5th 5-Test blackwash in Test history, and the first to occur in England.
- G Fowler (1) retired hurt on 12* from 21/1 to 83/5 (struck on the arm by a Marshall delivery)
- Botham takes 300 wickets, and becomes the first to complete the 'triple double' of 3000 runs and 300 wkts.