- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Amarnath b Madan Lal9424936010037.75c Gavaskar b Kapil Dev501011353049.50c Gavaskar b Kapil Dev317260017.64c Gavaskar b Madan Lal1747562036.17b Doshi21525433423284.64b Madan Lal610191060.00c Madan Lal b Doshi45791073156.96c Arun Lal b Doshi1240600030.00st †Kirmani b Doshi2035463057.14c Amarnath b Doshi1831361158.06not out11200100.00Extras4 (lb 3, nb 1)TOTAL485 all out (143.5 Overs, RR: 3.37)Fall of wickets: 1-85 (Mudassar Nazar), 2-100 (Mansoor Akhtar), 3-126 (Javed Miandad), 4-238 (Mohsin Khan), 5-250 (Saleem Malik), 6-367 (Imran Khan), 7-438 (Wasim Bari), 8-447 (Zaheer Abbas), 9-478 (Tahir Naqqash), 10-485 (Sarfraz Nawaz)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Wasim Bari b Sarfraz Nawaz832023258041.08c Mudassar Nazar b Imran Khan519014010056.66c Mudassar Nazar b Imran Khan311130027.27c †Wasim Bari b Imran Khan11326007.69not out10928439115038.38run out685697111121.42c †Wasim Bari b Sarfraz Nawaz919202047.36lbw b Jalal-ud-Din739461017.94c †Wasim Bari b Jalal-ud-Din1032431031.25c Saleem Malik b Sarfraz Nawaz718311038.88b Sarfraz Nawaz065000.00Extras31 (b 2, lb 11, nb 18)TOTAL379 all out (124.5 Overs, RR: 3.03)Fall of wickets: 1-105 (J Arun Lal), 2-111 (DB Vengsarkar), 3-123 (GR Viswanath), 4-188 (SM Gavaskar), 5-294 (SM Patil), 6-305 (N Kapil Dev), 7-322 (RJ Shastri), 8-348 (SMH Kirmani), 9-375 (S Madan Lal), 10-379 (DR Doshi)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRnot out10116116810162.73c Arun Lal b Doshi1760941028.33not out1455732025.45Extras3 (lb 3)TOTAL135/1 (46 Overs, RR: 2.93)Fall of wickets: 1-55 (Mudassar Nazar)
- Fri, 10 Dec - day 1 - Pakistan 1st innings 170/3 (Mohsin Khan 72*, Zaheer Abbas 25*)
- Sat, 11 Dec - day 2 - Pakistan 1st innings 485
- Sun, 12 Dec - day 3 - India 1st innings 87/0 (SM Gavaskar 38*, J Arun Lal 43*)
- Mon, 13 Dec - rest day
- Tue, 14 Dec - day 4 - India 1st innings 306/6 (M Amarnath 63*, RJ Shastri 1*)
- Wed, 15 Dec - day 5 - Pakistan 2nd innings 135/1 (46 ov) - end of match
- Pak 1st innings
- Zaheer Abbas: 215 runs, 334 min., 254b, 23x4, 2x6 Abbas emulated G.Boycott in scoring his 100th first-class century in a Test match.
- Ind 1st innings
- SM Gavaskar passes 7000 runs (the 4th to do so)
- M Amarnath's hundred took 338 minutes.
- SM Patil: 68 runs, 56 balls. (50 in boundaries)
ZH Sped reports on the first Test between Pakistan and India in 1982-83