- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Boock b Troup9129023611138.55c Parker b Hadlee021000.00lbw b Cairns1167390028.20b Cairns022000.00c Wright b Cairns7521816111046.58c Howarth b Cairns1453391035.89c Webb b Cairns648340017.64not out17251720100.00c sub b Cairns043000.00lbw b Hadlee085000.00b Hadlee073000.00Extras14 (b 1, lb 9, nb 4)TOTAL228 all out (89.3 Overs, RR: 2.54)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (DL Haynes, ), 2-28 (LG Rowe, ), 3-28 (CL King, ), 4-190 (CG Greenidge, ), 5-190 (AI Kallicharran, ), 6-210 (DL Murray, ), 7-210 (CH Lloyd, ), 8-214 (J Garner, ), 9-224 (MA Holding, ), 10-228 (CEH Croft, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Croft5-260019.23c †Murray b Holding21125700030.00b Roberts1-19005.26b Holding14735826113056.32b Garner42135875048.27c King b Roberts8025816310049.07c Rowe b Garner3-170017.64b Kallicharran10311492112111.95run out1-60016.66not out13-402032.50c & b Kallicharran6-250024.00Extras38 (b 18, lb 6, nb 14)TOTAL460 all out (130.4 Overs, RR: 3.52)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (JG Wright, ), 2-18 (PN Webb, ), 3-53 (BA Edgar, ), 4-175 (JM Parker, ), 5-267 (GP Howarth, ), 6-292 (WK Lees, ), 7-391 (JV Coney, ), 8-404 (BL Cairns, ), 9-448 (RJ Hadlee, ), 10-460 (SL Boock, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Lees b Troup9724920014248.50c Cairns b Coney12226319918361.30c Boock b Howarth10018616510160.60c †Lees b Troup051000.00b Boock745450015.55not out10012910910491.74not out11100100.00Extras20 (b 5, lb 8, nb 6, w 1)TOTAL447/5d (119 Overs, RR: 3.75)Fall of wickets: 1-225 (CG Greenidge, ), 2-233 (DL Haynes, ), 3-234 (AI Kallicharran, ), 4-268 (CH Lloyd, ), 5-436 (LG Rowe, )
- AMI Stadium, Christchurch
New Zealand , elected to field first
New Zealand led the 3-match series 1-0
22,23,24,26,27 February 1980 (5-day match)
- Fri, 22 Feb - day 1 - West Indies 1st innings 166/3 (CG Greenidge 86*, AI Kallicharran 60*)
- Sat, 23 Feb - day 2 - New Zealand 1st innings 15/0 (JG Wright 5*, PN Webb 1*)
- Sun, 24 Feb - day 3 - New Zealand 1st innings 248/4 (GP Howarth 141*, JV Coney 20*)
- Mon, 25 Feb - rest day
- Tue, 26 Feb - day 4 - West Indies 2nd innings 157/0 (CG Greenidge 68*, DL Haynes 78*)
- Wed, 27 Feb - day 5 - West Indies 2nd innings 447/5d (119 ov) - end of match
- This was the Croft/Goodall test. At tea on day 3, WI were so incensed by umpire Goodall that they refused to come out for session 3 until he was replaced. They emerged after a delay of 11 minutes, but removed all gear from the dressing room at the end of the day's play. The following day was a rest day but officials were fully occupied ensuring that the game continued.
- On the following day, Colin Croft "again behaved abominably, needling umpire Goodall, petulantly knocking off the bails and eventually charging deliberately into the umpire. What made matters worse was that Mr Goodall then had to walk the length of the pitch to discuss matters with Lloyd, whose lack of action condoned this dismal performance taking place under his captaincy."
- BA Edgar (1) retired hurt on 5* from 14/0 to 15/1