- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Botham552443483022.54c †Taylor b Old2842535066.66c Botham b Old13701100018.57b Willis942551021.42c †Taylor b Old441602284027.50c Rose b Willis1675791021.33c †Taylor b Old15140020.00not out2739604069.23c †Taylor b Old1380033.33b Old11213008.33b Botham423310017.39Extras29 (b 12, lb 3, nb 13, w 1)TOTAL228 all out (87.6 Overs, RR: 1.94 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-42 (RW Anderson), 2-96 (GP Howarth), 3-114 (MG Burgess), 4-152 (JG Wright), 5-191 (JM Parker), 6-193 (WK Lees), 7-194 (BE Congdon), 8-196 (DR Hadlee), 9-208 (RO Collinge), 10-228 (SL Boock)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Lees b Collinge2154761038.88c Congdon b Collinge773024429025.49b Boock24941102025.53c & b Collinge851721015.68c Burgess b Sir RJ Hadlee44543008.88c †Lees b Sir RJ Hadlee371091116033.94c Burgess b Sir RJ Hadlee743590016.27b Sir RJ Hadlee1036360027.77lbw b Congdon425220016.00lbw b Congdon024000.00not out68161075.00Extras17 (lb 4, nb 13)TOTAL215 all out (94.4 Overs, RR: 1.7 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-39 (BC Rose), 2-89 (G Miller), 3-108 (RW Taylor), 4-126 (DW Randall), 5-183 (GRJ Roope), 6-188 (G Boycott), 7-203 (IT Botham), 8-205 (CM Old), 9-206 (M Hendrick), 10-215 (PH Edmonds)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Roope b Willis191051690018.09lbw b Old26621054041.93c Edmonds b Willis2175841028.00c Boycott b Botham637551016.21c Roope b Willis011000.00c Edmonds b Willis418230022.22lbw b Hendrick1135412031.42c Boycott b Willis25100040.00c Roope b Botham218380011.11c Edmonds b Hendrick612121050.00not out013000.00Extras26 (b 2, lb 9, nb 13, w 2)TOTAL123 all out (44.3 Overs, RR: 2.07 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-54 (RW Anderson), 2-82 (JG Wright), 3-93 (GP Howarth), 4-93 (BE Congdon), 5-98 (JM Parker), 6-99 (MG Burgess), 7-104 (Sir RJ Hadlee), 8-116 (WK Lees), 9-123 (RO Collinge), 10-123 (DR Hadlee)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRnot out531430016.12b Collinge1680016.66c Anderson b Collinge47140057.14lbw b Collinge981610112.50c †Lees b Sir RJ Hadlee0914000.00c Boock b Sir RJ Hadlee1924343079.16run out (Boock)01027000.00lbw b Sir RJ Hadlee920272045.00c Parker b Sir RJ Hadlee1161880018.03c Parker b Sir RJ Hadlee0610000.00c Howarth b Sir RJ Hadlee34161007.31Extras3 (nb 3)TOTAL64 all out (27.3 Overs, RR: 1.75 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-2 (G Boycott), 2-8 (G Miller), 2-14* (BC Rose, retired not out ), 3-18 (DW Randall), 4-18 (GRJ Roope), 5-38 (IT Botham), 6-38 (RW Taylor), 7-53 (CM Old), 8-53 (M Hendrick), 9-63 (PH Edmonds), 10-64 (RGD Willis)
Balls per over
- Fri, 10 Feb - day 1 - New Zealand 1st innings 152/3 (JG Wright 55*, BE Congdon 26*)
- Sat, 11 Feb - day 2 - England 1st innings 89/2 (G Boycott 36*, RW Taylor 0*)
- Sun, 12 Feb - day 3 - New Zealand 2nd innings 12/0 (JG Wright 0*, RW Anderson 2*)
- Mon, 13 Feb - rest day
- Tue, 14 Feb - day 4 - England 2nd innings 53/8 (PH Edmonds 6*, RGD Willis 0*)
- Wed, 15 Feb - day 5 - England 2nd innings 64 (27.3 ov) - end of match
- Richard Collinge took his 100th test wicket (Rose).
- BC Rose (2) retired hurt on 4* from 14/2 to 63/9 (bruised right arm).
The nadir of Geoff Boycott's brief time as England captain came when he was deliberately run out by one of his own side