- BATSMENR4s6sb Graham28-0c & b Llewellyn21-0run out17-0b Middleton8-0c Llewellyn b Graham19-0run out000c Graham b Middleton11-0c †Bisset b Llewellyn000c Dower b Rowe29-0c Graham b Rowe4-0not out200Extras6 (b 4, lb 1, w 1)TOTAL145 all out (77.2 Overs, RR: 2.24)Fall of wickets: 1-51 (PF Warner, ), 2-53 (F Mitchell, ), 3-77 (CEM Wilson, ), 4-77 (JT Tyldesley, ), 5-81 (AE Trott, ), 6-96 (FW Milligan, ), 7-96 (Lord Hawke, ), 8-138 (WR Cuttell, ), 9-138 (JH Board, ), 10-145 (HR Bromley-Davenport, )
- BATSMENR4s6srun out86-0b Haigh18-0lbw b Trott7-0b Trott000b Haigh35-0c Tyldesley b Haigh200b Cuttell8-0st †Board b Trott38-0c †Board b Cuttell4-0c Mitchell b Trott22-0not out13-0Extras18 (b 5, lb 11, nb 2)TOTAL251 all out (84.1 Overs, RR: 3.57)Fall of wickets: 1-46 (VM Tancred, ), 2-55 (HH Francis, ), 3-59 (RR Dower, ), 4-114 (M Bisset, ), 5-118 (WRT Solomon, ), 6-143 (GH Shepstone, ), 7-169 (JH Sinclair, ), 8-183 (R Graham, ), 9-224 (CB Llewellyn, ), 10-251 (J Middleton, )
- BATSMENR4s6slbw b Llewellyn100not out132-0c Shepstone b Middleton17-0b Middleton18-0c Dower b Middleton21-0c Solomon b Rowe6-0c Shepstone b Rowe100st †Bisset b Llewellyn8-0b Llewellyn5-0c & b Middleton17-0b Middleton000Extras11 (b 9, nb 2)TOTAL237 all out (104 Overs, RR: 2.73)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (F Mitchell, ), 2-41 (JT Tyldesley, ), 3-104 (CEM Wilson, ), 4-139 (WR Cuttell, ), 5-149 (AE Trott, ), 6-153 (S Haigh, ), 7-171 (FW Milligan, ), 8-189 (Lord Hawke, ), 9-233 (JH Board, ), 10-237 (HR Bromley-Davenport, )
- BATSMENR4s6sc Cuttell b Haigh4-0c †Board b Haigh7-0b Cuttell29-0c Cuttell b Trott9-0not out21-0b Trott000lbw b Cuttell000b Cuttell200c Bromley-Davenport b Trott14-0c Tyldesley b Trott000b Trott000Extras13 (b 4, lb 5, nb 4)TOTAL99 all out (77.1 Overs, RR: 1.53)Fall of wickets: 1-13 (JH Sinclair, ), 2-21 (VM Tancred, ), 3-58 (HH Francis, ), 4-62 (RR Dower, ), 5-65 (CB Llewellyn, ), 6-66 (GH Shepstone, ), 7-78 (WRT Solomon, ), 8-97 (J Middleton, ), 9-99 (R Graham, ), 10-99 (GA Rowe, )
- Old Wanderers, Johannesburg
England , elected to bat first
England led the 2-match series 1-0
14,15,16 February 1899 (3-day match)
Balls per over
- Tue, 14 Feb - day 1 - South Africa 1st innings 86/3 (JH Sinclair 38*, M Bisset 21*)
- Wed, 15 Feb - day 2 - England 2nd innings 171/7 (PF Warner 97*)
- Thu, 16 Feb - day 3 - South Africa 2nd innings 99 (77.1 ov) - end of match
- Warner was the first to carry his bat through a completed innings on debut for England.
- AE Trott was making his debut for England after appearing in three Tests for Australia .