- BATSMENR4s6sc Trott b Giffen24-0c McKibbin b Trumble45-0b Giffen8-0c & b Trumble26-0b Trumble20-0b Trumble000c Darling b McKibbin10-0c Donnan b Trumble000c Iredale b Trumble200b McKibbin8-0not out100Extras1 (lb 1)TOTAL145 all out (81.3 Overs, RR: 2.13 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-54 (WG Grace, ), 2-78 (Hon.FS Jackson, ), 3-78 (KS Ranjitsinhji, ), 4-114 (AC MacLaren, ), 5-114 (TW Hayward, ), 6-131 (EG Wynyard, ), 7-132 (R Peel, ), 8-135 (AFA Lilley, ), 9-138 (R Abel, ), 10-145 (JT Hearne, )
- BATSMENR4s6sc MacLaren b Hearne47-0run out30-0b Hearne000b Peel5-0b Hearne100run out100b Hearne10-0not out10-0b Hearne300c MacLaren b Peel300b Hearne000Extras9 (b 8, lb 1)TOTAL119 all out (53.1 Overs, RR: 2.68 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-75 (FA Iredale, ), 2-77 (J Darling, ), 3-82 (GHS Trott, ), 4-83 (SE Gregory, ), 5-84 (C Hill, ), 6-85 (G Giffen, ), 7-112 (H Donnan, ), 8-116 (H Trumble, ), 9-119 (E Jones, ), 10-119 (TR McKibbin, )
- BATSMENR4s6sb Trumble9-0b Trumble200st †Kelly b McKibbin11-0c Giffen b Trumble21-0b Jones6-0c Trott b Trumble13-0c †Kelly b McKibbin300b Trumble000c McKibbin b Trumble6-0b McKibbin100not out10-0Extras2 (lb 2)TOTAL84 all out (49 Overs, RR: 2.05 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-11 (Hon.FS Jackson, ), 2-12 (WG Grace, ), 3-24 (KS Ranjitsinhji, ), 4-50 (AC MacLaren, ), 5-56 (R Abel, ), 6-67 (TW Hayward, ), 7-67 (EG Wynyard, ), 8-67 (R Peel, ), 9-68 (JT Hearne, ), 10-84 (AFA Lilley, )
- BATSMENR4s6sc Jackson b Hearne300b Hearne000c sub (W Brockwell) b Peel300b Hearne100c Richardson b Peel6-0b Peel000c Hayward b Peel000lbw b Peel300not out7-0b Peel300c Abel b Hearne16-0Extras2 (b 2)TOTAL44 all out (26 Overs, RR: 2.03 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (J Darling, ), 2-3 (FA Iredale, ), 3-7 (G Giffen, ), 4-7 (GHS Trott, ), 5-11 (C Hill, ), 6-11 (H Donnan, ), 7-14 (SE Gregory, ), 8-19 (JJ Kelly, ), 9-25 (E Jones, ), 10-44 (TR McKibbin, )
- Mon, 10 Aug - day 1 - England 1st innings 69/1 (FS Jackson 39*, KS Ranjitsinhji 5*)
- Tue, 11 Aug - day 2 - England 2nd innings 60/5 (TW Hayward 9*, EG Wynyard 0*)
- Wed, 12 Aug - day 3 - Australia 2nd innings 44 (26 ov) - end of match
- Rain prevented play until 4.55pm. on the first day, caused 24 wickets to fall on the second, and led to Australia being dismissed for their lowest total in England until 1902.
- Peel ended his Test career with the splendid analysis of 6 for 23; the fourth of those wickets was his hundreth in Test matches.
- Five players threatened strike action before the start because of a dispute over match fees. Although Abel, Hayward and Richardson relented, Gunn and Lohmann refused to play.
The occasional Ashes dead rubber notwithstanding, there's something about this south London venue that inspires