- BATSMENR4s6sb Rowe000c Hearne b Sinclair200c Routledge b Rowe122-0c & b Rowe64-0b Sinclair65-0c Rowe b Sinclair32-0lbw b Sinclair4-0b Frank71-0c Johnson b Rowe84-0lbw b Rowe000not out8-0Extras30 (b 22, lb 4, nb 3, w 1)TOTAL482 all out (157.3 Overs, RR: 3.67)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (Sir TC O'Brien, ), 2-8 (GA Lohmann, ), 3-127 (CB Fry, ), 4-249 (TW Hayward, ), 5-291 (AJL Hill, ), 6-304 (SMJ Woods, ), 7-307 (Lord Hawke, ), 8-461 (HR Bromley-Davenport, ), 9-461 (C Heseltine, ), 10-482 (CW Wright, )
- BATSMENR4s6sb Woods14-0c & b Lohmann40-0b Lohmann20-0c †Butt b Lohmann000c O'Brien b Lohmann13-0b Lohmann300b Lohmann21-0b Lohmann4-0c & b Lohmann5-0c Heseltine b Lohmann24-0not out000Extras7 (nb 5, w 2)TOTAL151 all out (46.2 Overs, RR: 3.90)Fall of wickets: 1-19 (TW Routledge, ), 2-70 (RM Poore, ), 3-70 (F Hearne, ), 4-77 (JH Sinclair, ), 5-85 (CL Johnson, ), 6-101 (EA Halliwell, ), 7-105 (FW Smith, ), 8-111 (WHB Frank, ), 9-142 (GH Shepstone, ), 10-151 (CB Llewellyn, )
- BATSMENR4s6sc sub (HF Mosenthal) b Heseltine000c sub (HF Mosenthal) b Woods29-0b Heseltine10-0c Heseltine b Lohmann16-0c Hawke b Heseltine41-0run out7-0c Fry b Lohmann9-0not out11-0c Hill b Lohmann200c Lohmann b Heseltine4-0b Heseltine000Extras5 (lb 3, nb 2)TOTAL134 all out (f/o) (43.2 Overs, RR: 3.70)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (TW Routledge, ), 2-23 (RM Poore, ), 3-48 (F Hearne, ), 4-63 (JH Sinclair, ), 5-83 (CL Johnson, ), 6-116 (EA Halliwell, ), 7-118 (GH Shepstone, ), 8-124 (WHB Frank, ), 9-134 (CB Llewellyn, ), 10-134 (GA Rowe, )
- Old Wanderers, Johannesburg
England , elected to bat first
England led the 3-match series 2-0
2,3,4 March 1896 (3-day match)
Balls per over
- Mon, 2 Mar - day 1 - England 1st innings 355/7 (CW Wright 30*, HR Bromley-Davenport 19*)
- Tue, 3 Mar - day 2 - South Africa 2nd innings 63/3 (JH Sinclair 29*, EA Halliwell 4*)
- Wed, 4 Mar - day 3 - South Africa 2nd innings 134 (43.2 ov) - end of match
- Lohmann became the first bowler to take 9 wickets in an innings, also taking his hundredth Test wicket in the match.
- Umpire Miller had played in the previous Test.
- Lord Hawke's team arrived at the ground to find the the club buildings filled with injured survivors from a dynamite explosion nearby.