- BATSMENRM4s6sc Peel b Ulyett5-00c Briggs b Peel15-10b Ulyett13-20lbw b Ulyett0-00lbw b Peel0-00b Ulyett7-10not out34-40c †Hunter b Barnes9-10c Briggs b Barnes6-00b Attewell507041Extras9 (b 5, lb 1, nb 3)TOTAL163 all out (106 Overs, RR: 2.3 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-21 (W Bruce), 2-21 (AC Bannerman), 3-21 (TP Horan), 4-34 (SP Jones), 5-34 (G Giffen), 6-45 (FH Walters), 7-67 (AH Jarvis), 8-89 (PG McShane), 9-99 (TW Garrett), 10-163 (FR Spofforth)
- BATSMENRM4s6sc Horan b Bruce7417580b Bruce27-40b Giffen13-10b Spofforth1-00not out105320100c Walters b Bruce61-80b Spofforth16-00c Walters b Trumble43-80c Bannerman b Trumble0-00b Trumble0-00b Giffen18-10Extras28 (b 10, lb 14, nb 4)TOTAL386 all out (221.3 Overs, RR: 2.61 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-61 (WH Scotton), 2-96 (JM Read), 3-97 (G Ulyett), 4-141 (W Barnes), 4-214 (W Bates, retired not out ), 5-256 (W Flowers), 6-324 (J Briggs), 7-324 (W Attewell), 8-335 (W Bates), 9-337 (R Peel), 10-386 (J Hunter)
- BATSMENR4s6sc sub (GF Vernon) b Ulyett200b Ulyett510c Peel b Ulyett1210b Peel1720b Attewell2030c Bates b Attewell3511lbw b Attewell1010c Attewell b Flowers510c sub (AH Jarvis) b Flowers100not out1200Extras5 (b 5)TOTAL125 all out (102.1 Overs, RR: 1.83 per 6 ball)Fall of wickets: 1-4 (AC Bannerman), 2-17 (TW Garrett), 3-26 (G Giffen), 4-60 (TP Horan), 5-60 (SP Jones), 6-91 (JW Trumble), 7-100 (FH Walters), 8-106 (AH Jarvis), 9-108 (FR Spofforth), 10-125 (W Bruce)
Australia , elected to bat first
England won the 5-match series 3-2
21,23,24,25 March 1885 (timeless match)
Balls per over
- Sat, 21 Mar - day 1 - England 44/0 (W Barnes 19*, WH Scotton 21*)
- Sun, 22 Mar - rest day
- Mon, 23 Mar - day 2 - England 270/5 (A Shrewsbury 54*, J Briggs 11*)
- Tue, 24 Mar - day 3 - Australia 105/7 (W Bruce 28*, AH Jarvis 1*)
- Wed, 25 Mar - day 4 - Australia 125 (102.1 ov) - end of match
- A Shrewsbury became the first Englad captain to score a Test hundred.
- TW Garrett deputised for umpire Hodges when the latter refused to stand after tea on the third day because of England's complaints about his decisions. JC Allen stood for Phillips on the third and fourth days. McShane played in this Test after umpiring in the previous one.
- Jarvis was the second Australian substitute fielder after Murdoch to hold a catch for England.
- W Bates (1) retired hurt on 54* from 214/4 to 324/7