- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Samarasekera2733515081.81not out188159210134118.23st †Imtiaz Abbasi b Zarawani5762771191.93not out4150802082.00Extras8 (b 1, lb 1, nb 3, w 3)TOTAL321/2 (50 Overs, RR: 6.42)Fall of wickets: 1-60 (AC Hudson), 2-176 (WJ Cronje)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc McMillan b Pollock1124252045.83c †Palframan b Donald2336493063.88b Donald1442560033.33run out (McMillan)212130016.66b McMillan951810180.00not out43791224054.43c Hudson b Donald412150033.33c Cronje b McMillan077000.00c †Palframan b McMillan1770014.28not out4078814051.28Extras5 (nb 2, w 3)TOTAL152/8 (50 Overs, RR: 3.04)Fall of wickets: 1-24 (Azhar Saeed), 2-42 (G Mylvaganam), 3-46 (V Mehra), 4-60 (Mohammad Aslam), 5-62 (Mazhar Hussain), 6-68 (JA Samarasekera), 7-70 (Sultan Zarawani), 8-72 (Imtiaz Abbasi)
Player Of The Match
- Match was delayed from 15th February due to rain and a flooded ground.
- G Kirsten 188* off 159 balls, 4 sixes, 13 fours. Highest ever individual score in World Cup matches, surpassing IVA Richards' 181* v SL at Karachi in 1987. 2nd highest ODI score of all time, needing 3 off last ball to equal Viv Richards' all time ODI record score of 189.
- South Africa's 321/2 is the 17th highest ever ODI total by any team, and the highest ever by South Africa.
- UAE 9th wicket partnership of 80* is the 2nd highest of all time (Arshad Laiq and S Dukanwala).
How much do you know about the sixth World Cup?
The former Kenya captain recalls Kenya's shock win over West Indies in 1996 and his spell that had Australia quivering in 2003
Behind the scenes at a global tournament mostly involves endless meetings, faxes, waiting around, and dealing with fans' and the media's outrage
A Brian Lara special helped West Indies see off South Africa in the quarter-final of the 1996 World Cup
West Indies had the 1996 semi-final against Australia in the bag. Then they found a way to throw it away