- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Samarasekera2733515081.81not out188159210134118.23st †Imtiaz Abbasi b Zarawani5762771191.93not out4150802082.00Extras8 (b 1, lb 1, nb 3, w 3)TOTAL321/2 (50 Overs, RR: 6.42)Fall of wickets: 1-60 (AC Hudson), 2-176 (WJ Cronje)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc McMillan b Pollock1124252045.83c †Palframan b Donald2336493063.88b Donald1442560033.33run out (McMillan)212130016.66b McMillan951810180.00not out43791224054.43c Hudson b Donald412150033.33c Cronje b McMillan077000.00c †Palframan b McMillan1770014.28not out4078814051.28Extras5 (nb 2, w 3)TOTAL152/8 (50 Overs, RR: 3.04)Fall of wickets: 1-24 (Azhar Saeed), 2-42 (G Mylvaganam), 3-46 (V Mehra), 4-60 (Mohammad Aslam), 5-62 (Mazhar Hussain), 6-68 (JA Samarasekera), 7-70 (Sultan Zarawani), 8-72 (Imtiaz Abbasi)
United Arab Emirates , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
16 February 1996 (50-over match)
South Africa 2, United Arab Emirates 0
- Match was delayed from 15th February due to rain and a flooded ground.
- G Kirsten 188* off 159 balls, 4 sixes, 13 fours. Highest ever individual score in World Cup matches, surpassing IVA Richards' 181* v SL at Karachi in 1987. 2nd highest ODI score of all time, needing 3 off last ball to equal Viv Richards' all time ODI record score of 189.
- South Africa's 321/2 is the 17th highest ever ODI total by any team, and the highest ever by South Africa.
- UAE 9th wicket partnership of 80* is the 2nd highest of all time (Arshad Laiq and S Dukanwala).