- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Bakker513110038.46c Clarke b Jansen3133395093.93not out1041331706278.19lbw b Lefebvre89829071108.53b Lubbers10101900100.00not out2429311082.75Extras16 (lb 12, w 4)TOTAL279/4 (50 Overs, RR: 5.58)Fall of wickets: 1-11 (AJ Stewart), 2-42 (NMK Smith), 3-185 (GP Thorpe), 4-212 (MA Atherton)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Cork089000.00lbw b DeFreitas2844504063.63lbw b DeFreitas4142697097.61c †Russell b DeFreitas981710112.50c Gough b Martin6482993278.04c Thorpe b Martin5493992058.06not out1114240078.57not out1112141091.66Extras12 (lb 4, nb 2, w 6)TOTAL230/6 (50 Overs, RR: 4.6)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (NE Clarke), 2-46 (PE Cantrell), 3-70 (SW Lubbers), 4-81 (TBM de Leede), 5-195 (KJJ van Noortwijk), 6-210 (B Zuiderent)
Player Of The Match
- GP Thorpe 89 off 82 balls, 7x4 1x6
- GA Hick 104* off 133 balls, 6x4 2x6, brought up his 100 with a 6, highest score by any player at Peshawar.
- GP Thorpe and GA Hick 143 for the 3rd wicket, highest ever 3rd wicket partnership for England in the World Cup, 3rd highest for any English wicket in the World Cup, 4th highest for the 3rd wicket for England in ODIs, highest partnership for any wicket at Peshawar.
- KJJ van Noortwijk and B Zuiderent 114 for the 5th wicket, 1st ever half century and century partnership for the Netherlands in ODIs, 3rd highest ever 5th wicket partnership in the World Cup.
- England's 5th consecutive ODI win in Pakistan (dating back to 1987), 4th victory in 4 appearances at Peshawar.
How much do you know about the sixth World Cup?
Behind the scenes at a global tournament mostly involves endless meetings, faxes, waiting around, and dealing with fans' and the media's outrage
A Brian Lara special helped West Indies see off South Africa in the quarter-final of the 1996 World Cup
Ravindra Pushpakumara, the 12th man in the 1996 final, was asked to pass on tons of advice to the batsmen in the middle. But he didn't
West Indies had the 1996 semi-final against Australia in the bag. Then they found a way to throw it away