- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Modi b Suji620190030.00c Suji b Ali130128167141101.56c †Otieno b Ali612151050.00c & b Suji82881365193.18run out (Odumbe)35304330116.66b Ali12121400100.00c EO Odumbe b Karim17112120154.54not out32400150.00not out022000.00Extras13 (b 1, nb 2, w 10)TOTAL304/7 (50 Overs, RR: 6.08)Fall of wickets: 1-10 (MA Taylor), 2-26 (RT Ponting), 3-233 (ME Waugh), 4-237 (SR Waugh), 5-261 (MG Bevan), 6-301 (SG Law), 7-301 (IA Healy)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb McGrath851371648162.04c †Healy b McDermott57101071.42c Ponting b Reiffel68331075.00c Reiffel b Bevan5053727094.33b Bevan1020311050.00c Bevan b Reiffel1433330042.42not out1135570031.42st †Healy b Warne106520166.66not out1410025.00Extras15 (lb 7, nb 2, w 6)TOTAL207/7 (50 Overs, RR: 4.14)Fall of wickets: 1-12 (DN Chudasama), 2-30 (SO Tikolo), 3-132 (MO Odumbe), 3-166* (KO Otieno, retired not out ), 4-167 (HS Modi), 5-188 (EO Odumbe), 6-195 (KO Otieno), 7-206 (TM Odoyo)
Player Of The Match
- SR Waugh 5th Australian to score 4000 runs in ODIs.
- SR Waugh and ME Waugh partnership: 50 runs from 76 balls 100 runs from 113 balls (50 off 37) 150 runs from 164 balls (50 off 51) 200 runs from 198 balls (50 off 34)
- SR Waugh and ME Waugh 207 for the 3rd wicket, 7th highest ever ODI partnership for any wicket, 3rd highest ODI 3rd wicket partnership, 1st ever 200 run two-man partnership in the World Cup (Haynes, Lara and Richardson combined for 221 runs v PAK in 1992), 2nd highest 3rd wicket partnership for Australia, 3rd highest for Australia for any wicket.
- SR Waugh 82 off 88 balls, 5x4 1x6.
- ME Waugh 130 off 128 balls, 14x4 1x6, equal 3rd highest ODI individual score for Australia, highest ever for Australia in the World Cup.
- 5th highest ODI team score for Australia (highest for Australia since May 1990).
- KO Otieno and MO Odumbe 102, first ever 100 run partnership for Kenya in ODIs.
- KO Otieno dropped by S Waugh on 77.
- KO Otieno retired hurt on 82* from 166/3 to 188/5 (leg cramp)
How much do you know about the sixth World Cup?
Behind the scenes at a global tournament mostly involves endless meetings, faxes, waiting around, and dealing with fans' and the media's outrage
A Brian Lara special helped West Indies see off South Africa in the quarter-final of the 1996 World Cup
Ravindra Pushpakumara, the 12th man in the 1996 final, was asked to pass on tons of advice to the batsmen in the middle. But he didn't
West Indies had the 1996 semi-final against Australia in the bag. Then they found a way to throw it away