- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Modi b Suji619200030.00c Suji b Ali130167128141101.56c †Otieno b Ali615121050.00c & b Suji82136885193.18run out (Odumbe)35433030116.66b Ali12141200100.00c EO Odumbe b Karim17211120154.54not out34200150.00not out022000.00Extras13 (b 1, nb 2, w 10)TOTAL304/7 (50 Overs, RR: 6.08)Fall of wickets: 1-10 (MA Taylor, ), 2-26 (RT Ponting, ), 3-233 (ME Waugh, ), 4-237 (SR Waugh, ), 5-261 (MG Bevan, ), 6-301 (SG Law, ), 7-301 (IA Healy, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb McGrath851641378162.04c †Healy b McDermott51071071.42c Ponting b Reiffel63381075.00c Reiffel b Bevan5072537094.33b Bevan1031201050.00c Bevan b Reiffel1433330042.42not out1157350031.42st †Healy b Warne105620166.66not out1140025.00Extras15 (lb 7, nb 2, w 6)TOTAL207/7 (50 Overs, RR: 4.14)Fall of wickets: 1-12 (DN Chudasama, ), 2-30 (SO Tikolo, ), 3-132 (MO Odumbe, ), 3-166 (KO Otieno, ), 4-167 (HS Modi, ), 5-188 (EO Odumbe, ), 6-195 (KO Otieno, ), 7-206 (TM Odoyo, )
Kenya , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
23 February 1996 (50-over match)
Australia 2, Kenya 0
- SR Waugh 5th Australian to score 4000 runs in ODIs.
- SR Waugh and ME Waugh partnership: 50 runs from 76 balls 100 runs from 113 balls (50 off 37) 150 runs from 164 balls (50 off 51) 200 runs from 198 balls (50 off 34)
- SR Waugh and ME Waugh 207 for the 3rd wicket, 7th highest ever ODI partnership for any wicket, 3rd highest ODI 3rd wicket partnership, 1st ever 200 run two-man partnership in the World Cup (Haynes, Lara and Richardson combined for 221 runs v PAK in 1992), 2nd highest 3rd wicket partnership for Australia, 3rd highest for Australia for any wicket.
- SR Waugh 82 off 88 balls, 5x4 1x6.
- ME Waugh 130 off 128 balls, 14x4 1x6, equal 3rd highest ODI individual score for Australia, highest ever for Australia in the World Cup.
- 5th highest ODI team score for Australia (highest for Australia since May 1990).
- KO Otieno and MO Odumbe 102, first ever 100 run partnership for Kenya in ODIs.
- KO Otieno dropped by S Waugh on 77.
- KO Otieno retired hurt on 82* from 166/3 to 188/5 (leg cramp)