- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Saleem Raza7877114100101.29b Samarasekera221100100.00c & b Dukanwala16111740145.45c Mazhar Hussain b Azhar Saeed921121348082.14c †Imtiaz Abbasi b Zarawani620100030.00c Azhar Saeed b Zarawani1518240083.33not out3135402088.57b Azhar Saeed3680050.00lbw b Azhar Saeed812140066.66not out102211500.00Extras15 (b 2, lb 12, nb 1)TOTAL276/8 (47 Overs, RR: 5.87)Fall of wickets: 1-11 (NJ Astle), 2-42 (SP Fleming), 3-162 (CM Spearman), 4-173 (CL Cairns), 5-210 (AC Parore), 6-228 (RG Twose), 7-239 (LK Germon), 8-266 (DJ Nash)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Fleming b Nash520250025.00c Kennedy b Morrison21173031123.52c Cairns b Thomson2953635054.71c Cairns b Thomson1221491057.14c Fleming b Kennedy89190088.88c Twose b Thomson11222008.33c & b Cairns821210038.09run out1436393038.88not out4759655079.66c Thomson b Nash1318291072.22not out2650033.33Extras7 (lb 2, nb 2, w 3)TOTAL167/9 (47 Overs, RR: 3.55)Fall of wickets: 1-23 (Azhar Saeed), 2-29 (Saleem Raza), 3-65 (V Mehra), 4-70 (Mazhar Hussain), 5-81 (Mohammad Ishaq), 6-88 (Mohammad Aslam), 7-92 (SF Dukanwala), 8-124 (Arshad Laeeq), 9-162 (Sultan Zarawani)
United Arab Emirates , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
27 February 1996 (50-over match)
New Zealand 2, United Arab Emirates 0
- Match reduced to 47 overs a side due to heavy fog at the start of the match.
- RG Twose 92, highest ODI score by a New Zealander in Pakistan (2nd highest: CM Spearman also in this match).
- 3 out of the top 4 partnerships for UAE in WC96 so far are for the 9th wicket (80* v SA, 38 v NZ, 35 v ENG).
- 1st win by NZ in Pakistan since 02/12/1984, 3rd win out of 10 in Pakistan.