- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRb Saleem Raza7811477100101.29b Samarasekera211200100.00c & b Dukanwala16171140145.45c Mazhar Hussain b Azhar Saeed921341128082.14c †Imtiaz Abbasi b Zarawani610200030.00c Azhar Saeed b Zarawani1524180083.33not out3140352088.57b Azhar Saeed3860050.00lbw b Azhar Saeed814120066.66not out102211500.00Extras15 (b 2, lb 12, nb 1)TOTAL276/8 (47 Overs, RR: 5.87)Fall of wickets: 1-11 (NJ Astle, ), 2-42 (SP Fleming, ), 3-162 (CM Spearman, ), 4-173 (CL Cairns, ), 5-210 (AC Parore, ), 6-228 (RG Twose, ), 7-239 (LK Germon, ), 8-266 (DJ Nash, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Fleming b Nash525200025.00c Kennedy b Morrison21301731123.52c Cairns b Thomson2963535054.71c Cairns b Thomson1249211057.14c Fleming b Kennedy81990088.88c Twose b Thomson12212008.33c & b Cairns821210038.09run out1439363038.88not out4765595079.66c Thomson b Nash1329181072.22not out2560033.33Extras7 (lb 2, nb 2, w 3)TOTAL167/9 (47 Overs, RR: 3.55)Fall of wickets: 1-23 (Azhar Saeed, ), 2-29 (Saleem Raza, ), 3-65 (V Mehra, ), 4-70 (Mazhar Hussain, ), 5-81 (Mohammad Ishaq, ), 6-88 (Mohammad Aslam, ), 7-92 (SF Dukanwala, ), 8-124 (Arshad Laeeq, ), 9-162 (Sultan Zarawani, )
United Arab Emirates , elected to field first
Player Of The Match
27 February 1996 (50-over match)
New Zealand 2, United Arab Emirates 0
- Match reduced to 47 overs a side due to heavy fog at the start of the match.
- RG Twose 92, highest ODI score by a New Zealander in Pakistan (2nd highest: CM Spearman also in this match).
- 3 out of the top 4 partnerships for UAE in WC96 so far are for the 9th wicket (80* v SA, 38 v NZ, 35 v ENG).
- 1st win by NZ in Pakistan since 02/12/1984, 3rd win out of 10 in Pakistan.