- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Cronje b Pollock1111392058079.85c McMillan b Cronje2530473083.33lbw b Cronje022000.00run out2339543058.97c †Palframan b Adams4066733060.60not out32253530128.00lbw b Matthews013000.00not out22500100.00Extras9 (b 1, lb 2, nb 2, w 4)TOTAL242/6 (50 Overs, RR: 4.84)Fall of wickets: 1-52 (Saeed Anwar), 2-52 (Ijaz Ahmed), 3-112 (Inzamam-ul-Haq), 4-189 (Saleem Malik), 5-233 (Aamer Sohail), 6-235 (Rashid Latif)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Waqar Younis33263660126.92b Saqlain Mushtaq4457895077.19lbw b Waqar Younis1470025.00b Waqar Younis65761156085.52c & b Saqlain Mushtaq914110064.28not out4573932061.64not out2028341071.42Extras26 (b 8, lb 4, nb 8, w 6)TOTAL243/5 (44.2 Overs, RR: 5.48)Fall of wickets: 1-51 (AC Hudson), 2-53 (BM McMillan), 3-111 (G Kirsten), 4-125 (JH Kallis), 5-203 (DJ Cullinan)
- SA Bucknor replaced ID Robinson as an umpire in this match since Pakistan formally protested against his involvement in their matches.
- Aamer Sohail 111, 5th highest score against South Africa in ODIs, 4th highest for Pakistan in World Cup matches.
- DJ Cullinan and WJ Cronje 78 for the 5th wicket, record at Karachi, South Africa 5th wicket record in the World Cup.
- South Africa's 9th consecutive ODI win, 4th consecutive win in Pakistan after 6 consecutive defeats in Pakistan.
How much do you know about the first World Cup?
England's director of cricket warns against expecting Archer to be "some sort of messiah" if he is selected
With 13 ODIs to play before the World Cup, India's primary focus would be to resolve three key combination conundrums
England's Test captain misses chance to prove point in shortest format, as thoughts turn back to seismic 2019 summer
How much do you know about the ninth World Cup?