- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Cronje b Pollock1111392058079.85c McMillan b Cronje2530473083.33lbw b Cronje022000.00run out2339543058.97c †Palframan b Adams4066733060.60not out32253530128.00lbw b Matthews013000.00not out22500100.00Extras9 (b 1, lb 2, nb 2, w 4)TOTAL242/6 (50 Overs, RR: 4.84)Fall of wickets: 1-52 (Saeed Anwar), 2-52 (Ijaz Ahmed), 3-112 (Inzamam-ul-Haq), 4-189 (Saleem Malik), 5-233 (Aamer Sohail), 6-235 (Rashid Latif)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Waqar Younis33263660126.92b Saqlain Mushtaq4457895077.19lbw b Waqar Younis1470025.00b Waqar Younis65761156085.52c & b Saqlain Mushtaq914110064.28not out4573932061.64not out2028341071.42Extras26 (b 8, lb 4, nb 8, w 6)TOTAL243/5 (44.2 Overs, RR: 5.48)Fall of wickets: 1-51 (AC Hudson), 2-53 (BM McMillan), 3-111 (G Kirsten), 4-125 (JH Kallis), 5-203 (DJ Cullinan)
- SA Bucknor replaced ID Robinson as an umpire in this match since Pakistan formally protested against his involvement in their matches.
- Aamer Sohail 111, 5th highest score against South Africa in ODIs, 4th highest for Pakistan in World Cup matches.
- DJ Cullinan and WJ Cronje 78 for the 5th wicket, record at Karachi, South Africa 5th wicket record in the World Cup.
- South Africa's 9th consecutive ODI win, 4th consecutive win in Pakistan after 6 consecutive defeats in Pakistan.
How much do you know about the sixth World Cup?
Venkatesh Prasad dismisses Aamer Sohail as emotions run high in the India v Pakistan World Cup 1996 quarter-final
Ravindra Pushpakumara, the 12th man in the 1996 final, was asked to pass on tons of advice to the batsmen in the middle. But he didn't
The former Kenya captain recalls Kenya's shock win over West Indies in 1996 and his spell that had Australia quivering in 2003
Behind the scenes at a global tournament mostly involves endless meetings, faxes, waiting around, and dealing with fans' and the media's outrage