- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Mehra b Shehzad Altaf01211000.00c †Imtiaz Abbasi b Azhar Saeed471601061044.33c & b Dukanwala4589806056.25c & b Azhar Saeed3655473076.59c Zarawani b Dukanwala26291930136.84c Saeed-al-Saffar b Zarawani810810100.00c Mohammad Ishaq b Dukanwala1217801150.00st †Imtiaz Abbasi b Dukanwala31050060.00b Dukanwala611600100.00not out21040050.00not out1840025.00Extras30 (b 4, lb 15, w 11)TOTAL216/9 (50 Overs, RR: 4.32)Fall of wickets: 1-3 (NE Clarke, ), 2-77 (GJAF Aponso, ), 3-148 (TBM de Leede, ), 4-153 (PE Cantrell, ), 5-168 (SW Lubbers, ), 6-200 (KJJ van Noortwijk, ), 7-200 (RP Lefebvre, ), 8-209 (B Zuiderent, ), 9-210 (MMC Schewe, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRrun out32101822039.02c Zuiderent b Lubbers84796876123.52c Clarke b Lefebvre16141430114.28not out2969452064.44not out5162558092.72Extras8 (lb 7, w 1)TOTAL220/3 (44.2 Overs, RR: 4.96)Fall of wickets: 1-117 (Saleem Raza, ), 2-135 (Mazhar Hussain, ), 3-138 (Azhar Saeed, )
United Arab Emirates , elected to field first
1 March 1996 (50-over match)
United Arab Emirates 2, Netherlands 0
- Match was originally scheduled to be a day/night match.
- SF Dukanwala 10-0-29-5, 7th best bowling for any team in World Cup matches, best ever bowling by an ICC Associate player in official ODIs (previous best: 4-21 by EA Brandes, ZIM v ENG at Albury 18/03/1992), 1st 5-wicket-haul for UAE, 4th best ever ODI bowling in Pakistan (best ever by a non- Pakistani), best bowling by any player in Lahore.
- Saleem Raza 84, highest score for UAE in ODIs.
- Mohammad Ishaq 51, 3rd highest ever score for UAE in ODIs, brought up his 50 with the winning runs.
- 1st ever win by the United Arab Emerites in official ODIs, 5th win by an ICC Associate in official ODIs.