- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Waqar Younis b Saleem Malik75921158181.52b Aamer Sohail66911276072.52st †Rashid Latif b Aamer Sohail1240050.00not out5264923081.25c Wasim Akram b Mushtaq Ahmed1321241061.90c & b Mushtaq Ahmed47100057.14b Mushtaq Ahmed3590060.00lbw b Waqar Younis025000.00b Wasim Akram1415221093.33run out2460050.00not out11100100.00Extras18 (lb 11, nb 3, w 4)TOTAL249/9 (50 Overs, RR: 4.98)Fall of wickets: 1-147 (RA Smith), 2-151 (GA Hick), 3-156 (MA Atherton), 4-194 (NH Fairbrother), 5-204 (RC Russell), 6-212 (DA Reeve), 7-217 (DG Cork), 8-241 (D Gough), 9-247 (PJ Martin)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Thorpe b Illingworth4256706075.00c †Russell b Cork71721258098.61c †Russell b Cork70831136084.33not out5354896098.14not out1121291052.38Extras3 (lb 1, w 2)TOTAL250/3 (47.4 Overs, RR: 5.24)Fall of wickets: 1-81 (Aamer Sohail), 2-139 (Saeed Anwar), 3-214 (Ijaz Ahmed)
- England's 1st match against Pakistan in Pakistan since 1987/88.
- RA Smith and MA Atherton 147 for the 1st wicket, highest partnership for any wicket by England against Pakistan, first ever century partnership for the 1st wicket at Karachi.
- PAJ DeFreitas and AJ Stewart substituted for Fairbrother and Smith in the field.
How much do you know about the sixth World Cup?
Behind the scenes at a global tournament mostly involves endless meetings, faxes, waiting around, and dealing with fans' and the media's outrage
A Brian Lara special helped West Indies see off South Africa in the quarter-final of the 1996 World Cup
Aravinda de Silva's masterclass in batting stunned India in the 1996 semi-final, before an Eden Gardens meltdown
Ravindra Pushpakumara, the 12th man in the 1996 final, was asked to pass on tons of advice to the batsmen in the middle. But he didn't