- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Waqar Younis b Saleem Malik75921158181.52b Aamer Sohail66911276072.52st †Rashid Latif b Aamer Sohail1240050.00not out5264923081.25c Wasim Akram b Mushtaq Ahmed1321241061.90c & b Mushtaq Ahmed47100057.14b Mushtaq Ahmed3590060.00lbw b Waqar Younis025000.00b Wasim Akram1415221093.33run out2460050.00not out11100100.00Extras18 (lb 11, nb 3, w 4)TOTAL249/9 (50 Overs, RR: 4.98)Fall of wickets: 1-147 (RA Smith), 2-151 (GA Hick), 3-156 (MA Atherton), 4-194 (NH Fairbrother), 5-204 (RC Russell), 6-212 (DA Reeve), 7-217 (DG Cork), 8-241 (D Gough), 9-247 (PJ Martin)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Thorpe b Illingworth4256706075.00c †Russell b Cork71721258098.61c †Russell b Cork70831136084.33not out5354896098.14not out1121291052.38Extras3 (lb 1, w 2)TOTAL250/3 (47.4 Overs, RR: 5.24)Fall of wickets: 1-81 (Aamer Sohail), 2-139 (Saeed Anwar), 3-214 (Ijaz Ahmed)
- England's 1st match against Pakistan in Pakistan since 1987/88.
- RA Smith and MA Atherton 147 for the 1st wicket, highest partnership for any wicket by England against Pakistan, first ever century partnership for the 1st wicket at Karachi.
- PAJ DeFreitas and AJ Stewart substituted for Fairbrother and Smith in the field.
England have to be "open-minded" about their selection policy ahead of the World Cup, according to captain Eoin Morgan
How well do you remember the 2003 World Cup?
How much do you know about the sixth World Cup?
How much do you know about the fourth World Cup?
How much do you know about the first World Cup?