- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Zuiderent b Aponso83118986084.69c van Oosterom b Gouka161153132134121.96c Lubbers b Cantrell41483930105.12not out19311710111.76not out17171600106.25Extras7 (lb 5, w 2)TOTAL328/3 (50 Overs, RR: 6.56)Fall of wickets: 1-186 (G Kirsten, ), 2-274 (AC Hudson, ), 3-301 (WJ Cronje, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Pollock b Donald3264466169.56c & b Matthews2347393058.97b Donald1236261046.15c †Palframan b Symcox938241037.50c Kirsten b Symcox641310019.35run out2749502054.00b Matthews2062341058.82c Kallis b Pollock1928352054.28not out515150033.33not out28200100.00Extras13 (lb 7, nb 1, w 5)TOTAL168/8 (50 Overs, RR: 3.36)Fall of wickets: 1-56 (PE Cantrell, ), 2-70 (NE Clarke, ), 3-81 (TBM de Leede, ), 4-86 (KJJ van Noortwijk, ), 5-97 (GJAF Aponso, ), 6-126 (B Zuiderent, ), 7-158 (EL Gouka, ), 8-163 (MMC Schewe, )
- Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium Rawalpindi, Pakistan. (+92-51-724717)
Player of the match
G Kirsten and AC Hudson 186 for the 1st wicket, highest ever 2-man partnership for the 1st wicket in the World Cup, 10th highest 1st wicket partnership in all ODIs, 4th highest partnership for any wicket in the World Cup, highest for any wicket for South Africa in the World Cup.
- AC Hudson 161, 9th highest score in ODIs, 3rd highest for South Africa.
- South Africa 328 runs, 13th highest ODI score, highest ever for South Africa, 2nd highest in Pakistan by any team, highest ever at Rawalpindi (South Africa have the top 2 high scores in Rawalpindi - also 321 v UAE 16/02/1996).