- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Zuiderent b Aponso83981186084.69c van Oosterom b Gouka161132153134121.96c Lubbers b Cantrell41394830105.12not out19173110111.76not out17161700106.25Extras7 (lb 5, w 2)TOTAL328/3 (50 Overs, RR: 6.56)Fall of wickets: 1-186 (G Kirsten), 2-274 (AC Hudson), 3-301 (WJ Cronje)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Pollock b Donald3246646169.56c & b Matthews2339473058.97b Donald1226361046.15c †Palframan b Symcox924381037.50c Kirsten b Symcox631410019.35run out2750492054.00b Matthews2034621058.82c Kallis b Pollock1935282054.28not out515150033.33not out22800100.00Extras13 (lb 7, nb 1, w 5)TOTAL168/8 (50 Overs, RR: 3.36)Fall of wickets: 1-56 (PE Cantrell), 2-70 (NE Clarke), 3-81 (TBM de Leede), 4-86 (KJJ van Noortwijk), 5-97 (GJAF Aponso), 6-126 (B Zuiderent), 7-158 (EL Gouka), 8-163 (MMC Schewe)
Player Of The Match
G Kirsten and AC Hudson 186 for the 1st wicket, highest ever 2-man partnership for the 1st wicket in the World Cup, 10th highest 1st wicket partnership in all ODIs, 4th highest partnership for any wicket in the World Cup, highest for any wicket for South Africa in the World Cup.
- AC Hudson 161, 9th highest score in ODIs, 3rd highest for South Africa.
- South Africa 328 runs, 13th highest ODI score, highest ever for South Africa, 2nd highest in Pakistan by any team, highest ever at Rawalpindi (South Africa have the top 2 high scores in Rawalpindi - also 321 v UAE 16/02/1996).
- 10 straight ODI wins for South Africa.
How much do you know about the sixth World Cup?
Venkatesh Prasad dismisses Aamer Sohail as emotions run high in the India v Pakistan World Cup 1996 quarter-final
Ravindra Pushpakumara, the 12th man in the 1996 final, was asked to pass on tons of advice to the batsmen in the middle. But he didn't
The former Kenya captain recalls Kenya's shock win over West Indies in 1996 and his spell that had Australia quivering in 2003
Behind the scenes at a global tournament mostly involves endless meetings, faxes, waiting around, and dealing with fans' and the media's outrage