- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Thomson b Kennedy50626010080.64run out (Thomson)62671130092.53c Spearman b Cairns2646680056.52run out3941634195.12run out (sub [Harris])519270026.31not out55476250117.02not out28264220107.69Extras16 (lb 5, nb 6, w 5)TOTAL281/5 (50 Overs, RR: 5.62)Fall of wickets: 1-70 (Aamer Sohail), 2-139 (Saeed Anwar), 3-155 (Ijaz Ahmed), 4-173 (Javed Miandad), 5-201 (Inzamam-ul-Haq)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Rashid Latif b Aaqib Javed14132920107.69c †Rashid Latif b Waqar Younis617231035.29c sub (Ata-ur-Rehman) b Mushtaq Ahmed41671101061.19st †Rashid Latif b Saleem Malik4243637097.67c Saleem Malik b Mushtaq Ahmed2438490063.15c †Rashid Latif b Aamer Sohail3234281294.11c Mushtaq Ahmed b Saleem Malik36344130105.88c †Rashid Latif b Waqar Younis1325320052.00not out512180041.66b Aaqib Javed2370066.66absent hurt-Extras20 (b 4, lb 9, nb 1, w 6)TOTAL235 all out (47.3 Overs, RR: 4.94)Fall of wickets: 1-23 (NJ Astle), 2-23 (CM Spearman), 3-83 (SP Fleming), 4-132 (LK Germon), 5-138 (RG Twose), 6-182 (CL Cairns), 7-221 (AC Parore), 8-228 (SA Thomson), 9-235 (RJ Kennedy)
- Morrison (groin strain) injured and left the field after bowling 2 overs.
- Wasim Akram was injured while batting and could not bowl.
- New Zealand 2 wins from 9 matches against Pakistan in Pakistan.
How much do you know about the sixth World Cup?
Behind the scenes at a global tournament mostly involves endless meetings, faxes, waiting around, and dealing with fans' and the media's outrage
A Brian Lara special helped West Indies see off South Africa in the quarter-final of the 1996 World Cup
Ravindra Pushpakumara, the 12th man in the 1996 final, was asked to pass on tons of advice to the batsmen in the middle. But he didn't
West Indies had the 1996 semi-final against Australia in the bag. Then they found a way to throw it away