- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Cullinan b McMillan56126934060.21c Cullinan b Matthews26251830144.44c Pollock b Symcox11114294160118.08c Kirsten b Symcox1032270037.03lbw b McMillan920151060.00run out (Adams)51890055.55c Hudson b Adams1450020.00not out1326171076.47b Adams1732221177.27not out031000.00Extras16 (b 2, lb 11, nb 1, w 2)TOTAL264/8 (50 Overs, RR: 5.28)Fall of wickets: 1-42 (CO Browne, ), 2-180 (S Chanderpaul, ), 3-210 (RB Richardson, ), 4-214 (BC Lara, ), 5-227 (RA Harper, ), 6-230 (KLT Arthurton, ), 7-230 (RIC Holder, ), 8-254 (IR Bishop, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Walsh b Adams54110808067.50hit wicket b Ambrose324140021.42c Bishop b Adams69104783388.46c Arthurton b Adams4055472285.10c Adams b Harper1345240054.16lbw b Harper61170085.71c Adams b Harper62070085.71c & b Harper1320050.00c Harper b Arthurton24202012120.00not out823120066.66b Walsh1017140071.42Extras11 (b 1, lb 4, nb 4, w 2)TOTAL245 all out (49.3 Overs, RR: 4.94)Fall of wickets: 1-21 (G Kirsten, ), 2-118 (AC Hudson, ), 3-140 (DJ Cullinan, ), 4-186 (WJ Cronje, ), 5-196 (JN Rhodes, ), 6-196 (BM McMillan, ), 7-198 (SJ Palframan, ), 8-227 (SM Pollock, ), 9-228 (PL Symcox, ), 10-245 (PR Adams, )
- BC Lara 7th ODI hundred (career 97 matches), 100 in 83 balls.
- S Chanderpaul and BC Lara 138 runs for the 2nd wicket, highest 2nd wicket partnership for West Indies in a World Cup, 3rd highest partnership for any wicket for West Indies against South Africa.
- Ends South Africa's run of 10 consecutive ODI wins.
A Brian Lara special helped West Indies see off South Africa in the quarter-final of the 1996 World Cup