- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRlbw b Ambrose022000.00b Bishop11611009.09lbw b Ambrose01815000.00b Bishop322180016.66run out721521055068.57c Richardson b Harper691461104162.72run out31362820110.71run out710110063.63not out610600100.00Extras18 (lb 11, nb 2, w 5)TOTAL207/8 (50 Overs, RR: 4.14)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (ME Waugh, ), 2-7 (MA Taylor, ), 3-8 (RT Ponting, ), 4-15 (SR Waugh, ), 5-153 (SG Law, ), 6-171 (MG Bevan, ), 7-186 (PR Reiffel, ), 8-207 (IA Healy, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Fleming b McGrath801721267063.49c & b Warne1026180055.55b SR Waugh45694540100.00not out49123834059.03lbw b McGrath2850040.00c †Healy b Warne1320050.00lbw b Warne210110018.18c †Healy b Fleming054000.00lbw b Warne32300100.00run out24200100.00b Fleming011000.00Extras8 (lb 4, nb 2, w 2)TOTAL202 all out (49.3 Overs, RR: 4.08)Fall of wickets: 1-25 (CO Browne, ), 2-93 (BC Lara, ), 3-165 (S Chanderpaul, ), 4-173 (RA Harper, ), 5-178 (OD Gibson, ), 6-183 (JC Adams, ), 7-187 (KLT Arthurton, ), 8-194 (IR Bishop, ), 9-202 (CEL Ambrose, ), 10-202 (CA Walsh, )
- Punjab Cricket Association, PCA Cricket Stadium, Sector - 63, SAS Nagar, Mohali - 160059 (Phone: 0172 - 2232300/1/2)
Australia , elected to bat first
Player of the match
14 March 1996 - day/night match (50-over match)
- RB Richardson struck umpire BC Coorey in the head with a sweep to square leg.
- KLT Arthurton 2 runs from 5 dismissals in the 1996 World Cup.
- West Indies lost their last 8 wickets for 37 runs.
- RB Richardson's last ODI