- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRlbw b Ambrose022000.00b Bishop11611009.09lbw b Ambrose01815000.00b Bishop322180016.66run out721521055068.57c Richardson b Harper691461104162.72run out31362820110.71run out710110063.63not out610600100.00Extras18 (lb 11, nb 2, w 5)TOTAL207/8 (50 Overs, RR: 4.14)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (ME Waugh, ), 2-7 (MA Taylor, ), 3-8 (RT Ponting, ), 4-15 (SR Waugh, ), 5-153 (SG Law, ), 6-171 (MG Bevan, ), 7-186 (PR Reiffel, ), 8-207 (IA Healy, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Fleming b McGrath801721267063.49c & b Warne1026180055.55b SR Waugh45694540100.00not out49123834059.03lbw b McGrath2850040.00c †Healy b Warne1320050.00lbw b Warne210110018.18c †Healy b Fleming054000.00lbw b Warne32300100.00run out24200100.00b Fleming011000.00Extras8 (lb 4, nb 2, w 2)TOTAL202 all out (49.3 Overs, RR: 4.08)Fall of wickets: 1-25 (CO Browne, ), 2-93 (BC Lara, ), 3-165 (S Chanderpaul, ), 4-173 (RA Harper, ), 5-178 (OD Gibson, ), 6-183 (JC Adams, ), 7-187 (KLT Arthurton, ), 8-194 (IR Bishop, ), 9-202 (CEL Ambrose, ), 10-202 (CA Walsh, )
Player of the match
- SG Law and MG Bevan, 138 for the 5th wicket, 2nd highest 5th wicket partnership for Australia in ODIs, 11th highest 5th wicket partnership for any country, 3rd highest 5th wicket partnership in the World Cup.
- RB Richardson struck umpire BC Coorey in the head with a sweep to square leg.
- KLT Arthurton 2 runs from 5 dismissals in the 1996 World Cup.
- West Indies lost their last 8 wickets for 37 runs.
- RB Richardson's last ODI
West Indies had the 1996 semi-final against Australia in the bag. Then they found a way to throw it away