- not out21750040.00Extras15 (b 4, lb 2, nb 2, w 7)TOTAL133 all out (37.2 Overs, RR: 3.56)Fall of wickets: 1-3 (MDKJ Perera, 1.4 ov), 2-4 (TM Dilshan, 4.1 ov), 3-69 (HDRL Thirimanne, 19.1 ov), 4-81 (DPMD Jayawardene, 23.1 ov), 5-114 (AD Mathews, 32.6 ov), 6-115 (NLTC Perera, 33.4 ov), 7-116 (KMDN Kulasekara, 34.1 ov), 8-116 (PHT Kaushal, 34.2 ov), 9-127 (KC Sangakkara, 36.2 ov), 10-133 (SL Malinga, 37.2 ov)
- not out788957120136.84not out2155310067.74Extras19 (lb 4, nb 3, w 12)TOTAL134/1 (18 Overs, RR: 7.44)Fall of wickets: 1-40 (HM Amla, 6.4 ov)
Player of the match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 10.0 (Mandatory - 35 runs, 2 wickets)
- Sri Lanka: 50 runs in 14.6 overs (91 balls), Extras 9
- Drinks: Sri Lanka - 50/2 in 15.0 overs (KC Sangakkara 6, HDRL Thirimanne 32)
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 72 balls (KC Sangakkara 10, HDRL Thirimanne 33, Ex 8)
- Over 21.6: Review by South Africa (Bowling), Umpire - NJ Llong, Batsman - DPMD Jayawardene (Struck down)
- Sri Lanka: 100 runs in 28.1 overs (170 balls), Extras 14
- Drinks: Sri Lanka - 114/5 in 33.0 overs (KC Sangakkara 33)
- Powerplay 2: Overs 35.1 - 40.0 (Batting side - 17 runs, 2 wickets)
- JP Duminy took a hat-trick with the wickets of Mathews, Kulasekara and Kaushal.
- Rain: Sri Lanka - 127/9 in 36.2 overs (PVD Chameera 0)
- Innings Break: Sri Lanka - 133/10 in 37.2 overs (PVD Chameera 2)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 10.0 (Mandatory - 61 runs, 1 wicket)
- Dinner: South Africa - 40/1 in 6.4 overs (Q de Kock 22)
- South Africa: 50 runs in 8.5 overs (55 balls), Extras 3
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 36 balls (Q de Kock 26, F du Plessis 12, Ex 14)
- Q de Kock: 50 off 39 balls (9 x 4)
- South Africa: 100 runs in 13.5 overs (86 balls), Extras 17
- Attendance: 27,259
Wickets taken by Imran Tahir this World Cup, the highest for a spinner.
Number of times Imran Tahir has dismissed Mahela Jayawardene, more than he has dismissed any other batsman.
Number of ODIs played in Sydney; this is the 150th. The only venue to host more games is Sharjah (218 ODIs)
Players who have made their ODI debut in a WC knockout match - W Larkins (1979 Semi-Final). T Kaushal is the second.
"Bunch of semi-finalists heading for a World Cup win." is how South Africa's sports minister Fikile Mbalula labelled the team after their historic, first-ever knockout win at a World Cup
Cricket does not seem ready to give up Mahela Jayawardene - but the game rarely does perfect endings
Kumar Sangakkara was unhappy with Sri Lanka's capitulation to South Africa's spinners in the quarter-final at the SCG
Just how did Sri Lanka manage to lose? They ticked nearly every box required for victory, and put up all the right numbers
South Africa captain AB de Villiers has said his side had prepared for a show of strength against Sri Lanka in their quarter-final in Sydney, which they won comprehensively by nine wickets