- not out490044.44Extras11 (lb 2, w 9)TOTAL69 all out (15.2 Overs, RR: 4.5)Fall of wickets: 1-4 (HH Gibbs, 0.4 ov), 2-7 (MJ North, 1.5 ov), 3-7 (SM Katich, 2.1 ov), 4-16 (MP Stoinis, 3.3 ov), 5-50 (AC Voges, 8.1 ov), 6-55 (HWR Cartwright, 9.4 ov), 7-55 (NM Coulter-Nile, 9.6 ov), 8-58 (TIF Triffitt, 11.2 ov), 9-59 (JM Mennie, 11.5 ov), 10-69 (MA Beer, 15.2 ov)
- BATSMENRB4s6sSRnot out1100100.00not out231141209.09Extras5 (w 5)TOTAL29/0 (2 Overs, RR: 14.5)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Rain stopped play: 29/0 off 2 overs, 15 overs lost
- After the rain delay the umpires deemed that the conditions were fit for a resumption of play to allow for the minimum duration for a definite result of five overs for the second innings. The revised target was 20 in 5 overs and because Melbourne Stars had already passed that score the match was over. The match referee incorrectly sent the players out to face one more ball (a dot ball bowled by Cartwright to Quiney). Cricket Australia later admitted the error and the extra ball was expunged as it affected the net run rate.
- Par score of 6 off 2 overs used to calculate the result margin
BBL officials were forced to clarify the match result from Wednesday night's clash after confusion clouded the Melbourne Stars 10-wicket win.
Yorkers galore, and a bucket put to good use at the WACA
Perth Scorchers were thrashed by Melbourne Stars in one of the most bizarre games of cricket ever witnessed in Australia