- not out4960066.66not out01000-Extras12 (b 1, lb 3, w 8)TOTAL148/8 (20 Overs, RR: 7.40)Fall of wickets: 1-60 (Ankit Sharma, 7.5 ov), 2-86 (AM Rahane, 10.4 ov), 3-99 (SR Watson, 12.4 ov), 4-114 (KK Nair, 14.6 ov), 5-133 (SPD Smith, 17.2 ov), 6-136 (JP Faulkner, 18.1 ov), 7-137 (STR Binny, 18.3 ov), 8-147 (R Bhatia, 19.4 ov)
- not out26281611162.50not out1114601183.33Extras8 (lb 3, w 5)TOTAL149/5 (19.4 Overs, RR: 7.57)Fall of wickets: 1-20 (BB McCullum, 2.1 ov), 2-41 (SK Raina, 4.2 ov), 3-76 (DR Smith, 9.6 ov), 4-105 (R Ashwin, 14.5 ov), 5-121 (F du Plessis, 17.3 ov)
Player of the match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 42 runs, 0 wicket)
- Rajasthan Royals: 50 runs in 6.6 overs (42 balls), Extras 6
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 42 balls (Ankit Sharma 28, SR Watson 16, Ex 6)
- SR Watson: 50 off 35 balls (3 x 4, 4 x 6)
- Rajasthan Royals: 100 runs in 12.6 overs (78 balls), Extras 9
- Innings Break: Rajasthan Royals - 148/8 in 20.0 overs (DH Yagnik 4, KK Cooper 0)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 48 runs, 2 wickets)
- Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 6.3 overs (39 balls), Extras 2
- Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 13.6 overs (84 balls), Extras 5
No. of times this season that MS Dhoni has come in to bat in the 15th over or after in 10 games
No. of times that Ashwin has batted above No. 8. Once each at 5, 6 and 7 and he has opened once.
No. of times Kevon Cooper has taken 3+ wickets in an IPL innings - four of those came when RR were defending a total.
The average runs per wicket for CSK in middle overs (7th to 15th) – the best for any team across IPL seasons.
No. of times CSK have failed to chase 140-150 runs in IPL in 12 attempts - both times while chasing 148 (RR's score today).
Number of 50+ stands between Super Kings openers – the most in the season. Mumbai are the only team to have none.
Number of opening combinations that CSK have used in this IPL – SRH are the only other team with an unchanged top two so far.
Number of wickets that Ankit Sharma has taken in the IPL - two of those came in his first over of the innings.
Number of times that Royals have set their opponents a target between 140 and 150 in the IPL (47 innings).
Ravindra Jadeja has taken 31% of his wickets in the last 5 overs of an innings.
James Faulkner's strike rate in the last five overs this season - second only to Glenn Maxwell (min five balls)
Stuart Binny’s average against Chennai Super Kings in the IPL – his best against any team.
That's Rajasthan Royals' highest score after 10 overs in this IPL. They scored 84 today, but for one wicket less.
Plays of the day from the match between Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals in Ranchi
A look at how Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings might be impacted by not having any games at their primary home venues
After a good start, Rajasthan Royals fell short of setting a challenging target and Chennai Super Kings completed a comfortable chase even though they left things late