- not out1281610150.00not out21100200.00Extras14 (b 1, lb 10, nb 1, w 2)TOTAL150/7 (20 Overs, RR: 7.5)Fall of wickets: 1-20 (BB McCullum, 1.2 ov), 2-38 (SK Raina, 3.6 ov), 3-71 (DR Smith, 8.1 ov), 4-100 (F du Plessis, 12.2 ov), 5-117 (RA Jadeja, 15.2 ov), 6-120 (DJ Bravo, 16.4 ov), 7-148 (MS Dhoni, 19.5 ov)
- not out73559981132.72not out00400-Extras5 (w 5)TOTAL149/9 (20 Overs, RR: 7.45)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (CM Gautam, 2.3 ov), 2-20 (MA Agarwal, 2.6 ov), 3-39 (SS Iyer, 4.6 ov), 4-87 (KM Jadhav, 13.1 ov), 5-99 (Yuvraj Singh, 14.3 ov), 6-106 (JP Duminy, 15.4 ov), 7-123 (NM Coulter-Nile, 17.4 ov), 8-129 (A Mishra, 18.4 ov), 9-137 (Imran Tahir, 19.3 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 59 runs, 2 wickets)
- Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 5.1 overs (32 balls), Extras 11
- Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 12.1 overs (74 balls), Extras 13
- Chennai Super Kings: 150 runs in 19.6 overs (121 balls), Extras 14
- Innings Break: Chennai Super Kings - 150/7 in 20.0 overs (R Ashwin 12, MM Sharma 2)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 40 runs, 3 wickets)
- Delhi Daredevils: 50 runs in 7.5 overs (47 balls), Extras 1
- Delhi Daredevils: 100 runs in 14.4 overs (88 balls), Extras 3
- JA Morkel: 50 off 43 balls (6 x 4)
This is his second stint with the franchise, having earlier led them to the IPL semi-finals in 2013
The tour, comprising a three T20Is, five ODIs and one Test, was earlier set to conclude on March 23, but will now end on March 19, with the first ever Test between the two sides
He had taken up a similar role with the IPL franchise from 2013 to 2015
The full schedule likely in February but Chennai will host the tournament opener and the final
No. of times CSK have defended totals of 150 or less in the IPL - only KKR (7) have defended such totals more often.
Balls taken by Albie Morkel for his fifty - his previous-two IPL fifties had come in 26 balls.
Number of dismissals for MS Dhoni in the IPL, the joint-most for any keeper, with Adam Gilchrist.
Number of times Delhi have successfully chased down a 150+ target, the fewest among teams that have played in all IPLs
Number of times Mishra has had a batsman stumped in the IPL, four more than any other bowler.
Number of times Mishra has dismissed Jadeja in T20s, more than he has dismissed any other batsmen
Number of consecutive IPL seasons where MS Dhoni has captained his side. No other player has done this.
T20s played by Albie Morkel, more than any other player, going past Kieron Pollard (267).
Runs scored in the first over, the most ever for Super Kings in the first over of a T20 match.
Average opening stand for CSK in IPL 2014, by far the best for any team that season.