- not out1460025.00not out22300100.00Extras20 (b 1, lb 13, w 6)TOTAL165/9 (20 Overs, RR: 8.25)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (DR Smith, 0.1 ov), 2-43 (SK Raina, 3.3 ov), 3-64 (BB McCullum, 5.1 ov), 4-69 (F du Plessis, 5.5 ov), 5-72 (MS Dhoni, 6.5 ov), 6-129 (DJ Bravo, 16.3 ov), 7-154 (RA Jadeja, 18.3 ov), 8-160 (P Negi, 18.5 ov), 9-160 (MM Sharma, 19.1 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRnot out805810071137.93not out55325144171.87Extras10 (lb 5, w 5)TOTAL169/3 (19.5 Overs, RR: 8.52)Fall of wickets: 1-33 (G Gambhir, 4.2 ov), 2-54 (MK Pandey, 8.2 ov), 3-57 (SA Yadav, 9.1 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 69 runs, 4 wickets)
- Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 3.6 overs (24 balls), Extras 8
- Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 11.4 overs (70 balls), Extras 14
- 6th Wicket: 50 runs in 50 balls (DJ Bravo 24, RA Jadeja 21, Ex 5)
- Chennai Super Kings: 150 runs in 17.5 overs (107 balls), Extras 18
- Innings Break: Chennai Super Kings - 165/9 in 20.0 overs (A Nehra 1, RG More 2)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 7.3 overs (45 balls), Extras 5
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 100 runs in 13.3 overs (81 balls), Extras 6
- RV Uthappa: 50 off 40 balls (4 x 4, 1 x 6)
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 30 balls (RV Uthappa 24, AD Russell 27, Ex 1)
- AD Russell: 50 off 25 balls (4 x 4, 4 x 6)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 150 runs in 17.2 overs (104 balls), Extras 6
- 4th Wicket: 100 runs in 55 balls (RV Uthappa 47, AD Russell 54, Ex 1)
Kolkata Knight Riders opener Robin Uthappa has said he wants to be a "pillar" for his team and continue closing out games, like he did against Chennai Super Kings at Eden Gardens
After serving as the catalyst for KKR's 2014 IPL title run, Robin Uthappa's early season struggles typified the Knight Riders' fortunes. But Thursday's win over Super Kings showed last year's magic was still there just waiting to be stirred
Plays of the day from the IPL match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings in Kolkata
Brad Hogg took four key wickets to flummox the Chennai Super Kings batsmen, following which Robin Uthappa and Andrew Russell motored past the target of 166
Andre Russell's strike rate in this IPL - the second-best among batsmen with at least 100 runs this season.
Number of openers to score 4000 T20 runs before Gambhir, who becomes the fifth opener to do so after Gayle, Warner, McCullum and Lumb.
Runs by Gautam Gambhir in the IPL - he is only the third batsman to 3000 runs after Suresh Raina and Rohit Sharma.
Runs conceded by Pat Cummins in this match - the most he has conceded in any T20 game.
Number of fifty partnerships by Super Kings for the sixth wicket in the IPL before today. This is only the third.
CSK's score in the first-five overs; in the next five they scored only 24 and lost three wickets.
CSK's Powerplays-score - the most any team has scored against KKR and the most wickets CSK have lost in the Powerplay.
Runs completed by Suresh Raina in the IPL. He's the first to the milestone, followed by Rohit Sharma with 3147 runs.
Last time KKR lost a game fielding first at the Eden Gardens. They have won six consecutive matches fielding first here since then.