- not out711700100.00not out42110400.00Extras5 (lb 3, w 2)TOTAL172/3 (20 Overs, RR: 8.60)Fall of wickets: 1-111 (PA Patel, 12.2 ov), 2-154 (RG Sharma, 17.6 ov), 3-166 (LMP Simmons, 19.3 ov)
- not out85401200.00Extras12 (lb 9, w 3)TOTAL149/7 (20 Overs, RR: 7.45)Fall of wickets: 1-9 (V Sehwag, 1.1 ov), 2-38 (GJ Maxwell, 4.3 ov), 3-86 (M Vijay, 11.5 ov), 4-119 (DA Miller, 16.2 ov), 5-140 (GJ Bailey, 18.4 ov), 6-140 (AR Patel, 18.5 ov), 7-149 (WP Saha, 19.6 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 51 runs, 0 wicket)
- Mumbai Indians: 50 runs in 5.6 overs (36 balls), Extras 2
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 36 balls (LMP Simmons 25, PA Patel 24, Ex 2)
- Mumbai Indians: 100 runs in 10.4 overs (64 balls), Extras 2
- PA Patel: 50 off 32 balls (5 x 4, 2 x 6)
- 1st Wicket: 100 runs in 64 balls (LMP Simmons 48, PA Patel 51, Ex 2)
- LMP Simmons: 50 off 38 balls (7 x 4)
- Mumbai Indians: 150 runs in 17.2 overs (104 balls), Extras 4
- Innings Break: Mumbai Indians - 172/3 in 20.0 overs (KA Pollard 7, AT Rayudu 4)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 45 runs, 2 wickets)
- Kings XI Punjab: 50 runs in 6.6 overs (42 balls), Extras 7
- Kings XI Punjab: 100 runs in 13.2 overs (80 balls), Extras 9
Mumbai Indians opener Lendl Simmons has said he enjoys batting with Parthiv Patel, after the pair put on a match-winning 111-run stand against Kings XI Punjab in Mohali
Momentum has been lacking from Parthiv Patel's T20 game, but in Mohali, he was able to find it in style against the pace of Mitchell Johnson
Plays of the day from the match between Kings XI Punjab and Mumbai Indians in Mohali
Mumbai Indians continued to repair damage caused by a poor start to the season, winning their third game in a row to add to the mid-table pile-up of teams on eight or nine points
Instances of Kings XI scoring 170+ in successful IPL chases, more than any other team.
Number of runs scored by Virender Sehwag in his last 4 innings. His scores are 1, 1, 1 and 2.
Number of times Sehwag has been dismissed in the first over of an IPL game, more than any other batsman.
Lendl Simmons average in the IPL, the highest for any batsman who has scored at least 500 runs.
Mumbai's run rate in the last five overs of an innings this IPL, by far the best for any team.
Number of 30+ scores for Parthiv Patel in 20 T20 innings before today.
Number of matches that M Vijay has bowled in this season. He had bowled in only one match in 7 previous seasons.
The previous highest opening stand for Mumbai this IPL. They posted their first 50+ stand of the season today.
Runs scored by Parthiv of Johnson's first over. The only time he has scored more in an over is also against Johnson (18 runs, 2013)
Mumbai's win-loss record in their last 6 matches against Punjab. They lost 3 of the 4 games before that.