- not out58160062.50not out34100075.00Extras7 (lb 7)TOTAL119/6 (20 Overs, RR: 5.95)Fall of wickets: 1-16 (BB McCullum, 5.6 ov), 2-34 (DR Smith, 8.1 ov), 3-46 (SK Raina, 9.2 ov), 4-83 (F du Plessis, 15.2 ov), 5-105 (DJ Bravo, 17.3 ov), 6-110 (MS Dhoni, 18.1 ov)
- not out704968101142.85not out11500100.00Extras0TOTAL120/4 (16.4 Overs, RR: 7.2)Fall of wickets: 1-16 (Q de Kock, 2.3 ov), 2-24 (JP Duminy, 4.1 ov), 3-93 (Yuvraj Singh, 13.2 ov), 4-114 (JA Morkel, 15.6 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 16 runs, 1 wicket)
- Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 10.2 overs (62 balls), Extras 0
- Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 17.1 overs (103 balls), Extras 6
- Innings Break: Chennai Super Kings - 119/6 in 20.0 overs (P Negi 5, RA Jadeja 3)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 28 runs, 2 wickets)
- Delhi Daredevils: 50 runs in 7.2 overs (44 balls), Extras 0
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 41 balls (SS Iyer 31, Yuvraj Singh 19, Ex 0)
- SS Iyer: 50 off 36 balls (7 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Delhi Daredevils: 100 runs in 15.1 overs (91 balls), Extras 0
Who goes to Raipur in May? Mad dogs and cricket correspondents
Plays of the day from the IPL match between Delhi Daredevils and Chennai Super Kings in Raipur
An exceptionally disciplined show from the Delhi Daredevils bowlers restricted table-toppers Chennai Super Kings to 119 for 6, to set up a convincing and consolatory six-wicket win on a slightly uneven and sluggish pitch in Raipur
The Chennai Super Kings batsmen never got going as Zaheer Khan and his colleagues denied them scoring opportunities. Here are five takeaways from the Delhi Daredevils' win.
Number of 50+ scores for Shreyas Iyer this season, an unprecedented number for an uncapped batsman in an IPL season.
Number of times Zaheer Khan has dismissed MS Dhoni in the IPL, the most any bowler has dismissed any batsman.
Dot balls bowled by Zaheer Khan, the most by any bowler in an IPL game. Four others have bowled exactly 19 dots in an IPL match.
Number of times Zaheer had dismissed McCullum in the IPL before today. McCullum has scored 75 runs off 59 balls (SR: 127)
Runs scored by Chennai in the Powerplay, the fewest by any team this season and the third-fewest in any IPL game.
Number of players who have scored 6000 T20 runs - Chris Gayle, Brad Hodge and Brendon McCullum
Number of first-over maidens bowled by Daredevils spinners in the IPL (Nadeem). They have opened with a spinner 14 times.
Number of times Delhi have beaten Chennai in the IPL, the fewest among teams that have played all 8 IPLs.