- not out3338701186.84not out61314582196.77Extras10 (lb 1, nb 3, w 6)TOTAL171/4 (20 Overs, RR: 8.55)Fall of wickets: 1-29 (PA Patel, 4.2 ov), 2-42 (LMP Simmons, 5.4 ov), 3-47 (AT Rayudu, 6.3 ov), 4-79 (RG Sharma, 11.4 ov)
- not out17170014.28not out52410250.00Extras8 (b 1, w 7)TOTAL166/7 (20 Overs, RR: 8.3)Fall of wickets: 1-45 (RV Uthappa, 5.3 ov), 2-46 (MK Pandey, 5.5 ov), 3-88 (G Gambhir, 10.6 ov), 4-118 (Shakib Al Hasan, 14.2 ov), 5-128 (AD Russell, 15.5 ov), 6-144 (SA Yadav, 17.1 ov), 7-160 (YK Pathan, 19.1 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 46 runs, 2 wickets)
- Mumbai Indians: 50 runs in 7.3 overs (46 balls), Extras 3
- Mumbai Indians: 100 runs in 15.1 overs (92 balls), Extras 5
- 5th Wicket: 50 runs in 31 balls (KA Pollard 17, HH Pandya 29, Ex 4)
- Mumbai Indians: 150 runs in 18.3 overs (113 balls), Extras 9
- HH Pandya: 50 off 25 balls (7 x 4, 2 x 6)
- Innings Break: Mumbai Indians - 171/4 in 20.0 overs (KA Pollard 33, HH Pandya 61)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 50 runs, 2 wickets)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 5.6 overs (36 balls), Extras 2
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 100 runs in 12.1 overs (73 balls), Extras 4
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 150 runs in 17.5 overs (107 balls), Extras 6
- YK Pathan: 50 off 35 balls (5 x 4, 2 x 6)
Defending champions Kolkata Knight Riders didn't do many things wrong this season, but the small errors and their vulnerability away from home cost them
Plays of the day from the IPL match between Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders in Mumbai
Rohit Sharma's decision to give Kieron Pollard the final over was a masterstroke, as the medium-pacer kept his nerve to defend 12 runs
Number of consecutive 25+ scores for Yusuf Pathan this IPL. This is the second time he has done this in T20s.
Hardik Pandya's strike rate this IPL, the second-highest for any batsman (after Andre Russell) who has scored 100+ runs.
Mumbai Indians run rate in the last five overs of an innings this IPL, easily the highest for any team.
Pollard's strike rate during his innings of 33 off 38 balls is the slowest of his T20 career when he has faced at least 25 balls.
Number of T20 runs scored by Rohit Sharma. He is the 2nd Indian (after Raina) and the 10th batsman overall to score 5000 runs.
Number of batsmen who have scored 500+ runs against KKR in the IPL - Rohit Sharma is the only one.
Number of times Parthiv Patel has been dismissed in the 20s in an IPL match, the second-most after MS Dhoni (22)
Number of times Pollard has come out to bat inside the first 7 overs of an IPL match.
Number of 4-wicket hauls picked up by KKR's spinners this IPL, the most for any team. 5 of the 8 teams have no such hauls.
Number of consecutive games that Mumbai Indians have currently lost against the Kolkata Knight Riders