- not out56417451136.58not out126701200.00Extras7 (lb 2, w 5)TOTAL138/8 (20 Overs, RR: 6.9)Fall of wickets: 1-21 (M Vohra, 3.4 ov), 2-47 (M Vijay, 7.5 ov), 3-59 (WP Saha, 10.4 ov), 4-72 (DA Miller, 12.1 ov), 5-94 (GJ Maxwell, 14.5 ov), 6-108 (AR Patel, 16.6 ov), 7-115 (MM Sharma, 17.6 ov), 8-118 (P Sahu, 18.3 ov)
- not out1192120122.22not out126820200.00Extras8 (lb 5, w 3)TOTAL141/4 (17.1 Overs, RR: 8.21)Fall of wickets: 1-82 (RV Uthappa, 8.3 ov), 2-97 (G Gambhir, 10.5 ov), 3-110 (MK Pandey, 13.1 ov), 4-123 (Shakib Al Hasan, 15.5 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 41 runs, 1 wicket)
- Kings XI Punjab: 50 runs in 8.5 overs (53 balls), Extras 1
- Kings XI Punjab: 100 runs in 15.4 overs (94 balls), Extras 7
- SE Marsh: 50 off 40 balls (5 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Innings Break: Kings XI Punjab - 138/8 in 20.0 overs (SE Marsh 56, KJ Abbott 12)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 65 runs, 0 wicket)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 4.4 overs (28 balls), Extras 6
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 28 balls (RV Uthappa 32, G Gambhir 12, Ex 6)
- RV Uthappa: 50 off 24 balls (9 x 4)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 100 runs in 11.1 overs (67 balls), Extras 7
Sunil Narine, who failed to impress in Kolkata's win against Hyderabad three-days ago, was back to his wicket-taking ways and clinched two wickets to help his side beat Punjab by six wickets in the Indian Twenty20 competition in Mohali on Tuesday.
Another dominant bowling performance followed by another effortless chase led Kolkata Knight Riders to their third win of the season, a six-wicket victory over Kings XI Punjab that took them top of the table
The slow turning tracks in Mohali have left David Miller, Glenn Maxwell and the rest of the Kings XI Punjab lineup looking like they are playing away matches at home
Number of matches Kings XI have lost on a trot to Knight Riders. Kings XI's longest such streak before this was their five consecutive losses to Super Kings.
Runs by Knight Riders in Powerplay - the highest of this IPL so far. The previous highest was Royal Challengers' 63 against Daredevils.
Total runs scored by David Miller in his last five T20 innings. In five innings before that he had scored 163 runs at an average of 54.33.
Number of fifty-plus scores by Shaun Marsh against Knight Riders in the IPL. They are the only team he hasn't made a fifty against from more than 2 innings.
Wickets taken by Knight Riders in Powerplay before this match in this IPL. No other team has taken more than four. Their economy of 6.88 is also the best.
Kings XI Punjab's win-loss record against Kolkata Knight Riders in last five matches. The last time they won against KKR was in Abu Dhabi in 2014.