- not out761800116.66not out22131720169.23Extras3 (lb 2, w 1)TOTAL172/6 (20 Overs, RR: 8.6)Fall of wickets: 1-112 (DR Smith, 10.4 ov), 2-116 (BB McCullum, 11.2 ov), 3-117 (SK Raina, 11.6 ov), 4-130 (RA Jadeja, 14.3 ov), 5-142 (Ishan Kishan, 16.4 ov), 6-142 (KD Karthik, 16.5 ov)
- not out82325248256.25not out34160075.00Extras3 (lb 2, w 1)TOTAL171/5 (20 Overs, RR: 8.55)Fall of wickets: 1-2 (SV Samson, 1.3 ov), 2-12 (Q de Kock, 3.4 ov), 3-16 (KK Nair, 3.6 ov), 4-57 (RR Pant, 10.4 ov), 5-144 (JP Duminy, 17.1 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 71 runs, 0 wicket)
- Gujarat Lions: 50 runs in 3.5 overs (23 balls), Extras 0
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 23 balls (DR Smith 34, BB McCullum 16, Ex 0)
- BB McCullum: 50 off 27 balls (5 x 4, 3 x 6)
- Gujarat Lions: 100 runs in 8.6 overs (54 balls), Extras 1
- 1st Wicket: 100 runs in 54 balls (DR Smith 44, BB McCullum 55, Ex 1)
- DR Smith: 50 off 26 balls (5 x 4, 3 x 6)
- Gujarat Lions: 150 runs in 17.5 overs (107 balls), Extras 3
- Innings Break: Gujarat Lions - 172/6 in 20.0 overs (DJ Bravo 7, JP Faulkner 22)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 22 runs, 3 wickets)
- Delhi Daredevils: 50 runs in 9.5 overs (59 balls), Extras 2
- Delhi Daredevils: 100 runs in 14.1 overs (85 balls), Extras 2
- 5th Wicket: 50 runs in 24 balls (JP Duminy 24, CH Morris 27, Ex 0)
- CH Morris: 50 off 17 balls (1 x 4, 7 x 6)
- Delhi Daredevils: 150 runs in 17.3 overs (105 balls), Extras 3
Number of one-run results in the IPL. Daredevils have been involved in three of these. They had lost one and won one before this.
Balls taken by Chris Morris for his fifty - the joint third fastest in the IPL and the fastest for Daredevils. Their previous fastest was Sehwag's 20-ball fifty v Royals.
The difference in Powerplay scores of the teams in this match - the fourth highest in any IPL game. Daredevils' score of 22 in Powerplay is the lowest of this IPL.
Wickets taken by Daredevils' overseas bowlers; this is the first time all six (or more wickets) to fall in an IPL innings have been taken by overseas bowlers
Gujarat Lions' score in the overs 11-16. In the first ten they had made 110/0
Number of century opening stands Daredevils have conceded in 123 innings. The one before today had come between Gambhir and Uthappa in 2014.
Runs made by Gujarat Lions in Powerplay - the second highest of this IPL. The highest score of 72 in Powerplay in this IPL was made by them too: 72 v RCB.
Runs conceded by Zaheer Khan in his first over - the most by a bowler in the opening over of an innings in this IPL.
Last time Daredevils won four matches on the trot in the IPL. They have won three consecutive games before this.
The Chennai Super Kings captain has credited a move up the order for his rejuvenation as a T20 batsman
Stephen Fleming talks about MS Dhoni's batting, captaincy and his making an impact in lower-middle order for India
Also, this season was perhaps the one where Indian players truly came into their own
His subtle variations and lengths trouble even the batsmen who have got used to his unusual bowling action
Who will our readers pick in their team of IPL 2018? Make your choices now