- not out11300100.00Extras4 (lb 1, w 3)TOTAL154 all out (19.5 Overs, RR: 7.76)Fall of wickets: 1-65 (MP Stoinis, 6.4 ov), 2-70 (SE Marsh, 7.5 ov), 3-70 (GJ Maxwell, 7.6 ov), 4-73 (Gurkeerat Singh, 8.5 ov), 5-100 (M Vijay, 13.1 ov), 6-139 (DA Miller, 17.2 ov), 7-145 (AR Patel, 18.2 ov), 8-151 (WP Saha, 18.5 ov), 9-153 (MM Sharma, 19.3 ov), 10-154 (KC Cariappa, 19.5 ov)
- not out64700150.00not out00300-Extras4 (b 1, w 3)TOTAL131/9 (20 Overs, RR: 6.55)Fall of wickets: 1-13 (BB McCullum, 1.4 ov), 2-34 (SK Raina, 4.6 ov), 3-38 (DR Smith, 6.3 ov), 4-39 (KD Karthik, 6.5 ov), 5-39 (DJ Bravo, 6.6 ov), 6-57 (RA Jadeja, 10.1 ov), 7-86 (Ishan Kishan, 14.5 ov), 8-125 (P Kumar, 18.6 ov), 9-125 (JP Faulkner, 19.2 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 59 runs, 0 wicket)
- Kings XI Punjab: 50 runs in 4.6 overs (30 balls), Extras 2
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 30 balls (M Vijay 32, MP Stoinis 17, Ex 2)
- M Vijay: 50 off 36 balls (6 x 4)
- Kings XI Punjab: 100 runs in 12.6 overs (78 balls), Extras 4
- Kings XI Punjab: 150 runs in 18.4 overs (112 balls), Extras 4
- Innings Break: Kings XI Punjab - 154/10 in 19.5 overs (Sandeep Sharma 1)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 36 runs, 2 wickets)
- Gujarat Lions: 50 runs in 9.0 overs (54 balls), Extras 3
- AR Patel took a hat-trick with the wickets of KD Karthik, DJ Bravo and RA Jadeja
- Gujarat Lions: 100 runs in 16.2 overs (98 balls), Extras 3
In a format where batting resources are often underutilised, more bowlers might try to increase their worth to teams by developing their hitting skills
What makes Kohli, Warner and AB special
Pawan Negi, after playing only eight of the 14 matches and bowling only nine overs for Delhi Daredevils in IPL 2016, felt he was underused
No. of times before this a team batting first has won an IPL game after having been bowled out. Second such instance for Kings XI Punjab.
Wickets taken by Mohit Sharma in the final five overs in this IPL - the most by any bowler.
Number of hat-tricks in the IPL. Axar's is the third hat-trick for Kings XI. The first two were taken by Yuvraj Singh.
Runs made totally by 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th wickets in this game - the least in an IPL match.
Runs made by Gujarat Lions in Powerplay - their least. Their previous lowest was 42 against Mumbai Indians.
Balls bowled by Praveen Kumar for his first wicket in this IPL - the second most by a bowler in a season. Kumar himself bowled 159 balls for his first wicket in 2012.
Shivil Kaushik's bowling figures in this match - the 3rd best by a chinaman bowler in the IPL. Hogg has taken the best two: 4/20 v CSK (2015) and 3/19 v DD (2016).
Kings XI's score in three overs following Powerplay. They were 59 for no loss at the end of Powerplay
Runs scored by KXIP in Powerplay - their highest in this IPL. Their previous highest was also against Lions: 52 in Mohali.
Runs conceded by Ravindra Jadeja in the fifth over - the most he has conceded in a Powerplay over in the IPL.
Runs scored by Marcus Stoinis in T20s before this match. He averages 17.11 and has a strike rate of 109.81.
No. of players who have captained Kings XI Punjab including M Vijay - equals the most for any team in the IPL; Daredevils too have been led by nine different captains.