- not out66498244134.69not out63417271153.65Extras6 (lb 2, w 4)TOTAL158/4 (20 Overs, RR: 7.9)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (G Gambhir, 2.1 ov), 2-15 (MK Pandey, 2.3 ov), 3-21 (RV Uthappa, 3.3 ov), 4-24 (SA Yadav, 5.5 ov)
- not out99601100.00not out00100-Extras5 (w 5)TOTAL164/5 (18 Overs, RR: 9.11)Fall of wickets: 1-42 (DR Smith, 5.3 ov), 2-67 (BB McCullum, 7.5 ov), 3-116 (SK Raina, 13.5 ov), 4-155 (KD Karthik, 16.3 ov), 5-158 (AJ Finch, 17.4 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 28 runs, 4 wickets)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 9.3 overs (57 balls), Extras 2
- 5th Wicket: 50 runs in 37 balls (Shakib Al Hasan 20, YK Pathan 29, Ex 1)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 100 runs in 15.1 overs (91 balls), Extras 3
- YK Pathan: 50 off 31 balls (6 x 4, 1 x 6)
- 5th Wicket: 100 runs in 68 balls (Shakib Al Hasan 39, YK Pathan 59, Ex 3)
- Shakib Al Hasan: 50 off 41 balls (3 x 4, 3 x 6)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 150 runs in 19.3 overs (117 balls), Extras 4
- Innings Break: Kolkata Knight Riders - 158/4 in 20.0 overs (Shakib Al Hasan 66, YK Pathan 63)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 46 runs, 1 wicket)
- Gujarat Lions: 50 runs in 6.1 overs (37 balls), Extras 5
- Gujarat Lions: 100 runs in 11.3 overs (69 balls), Extras 5
- Gujarat Lions: 150 runs in 15.5 overs (95 balls), Extras 5
- KD Karthik: 50 off 27 balls (8 x 4, 1 x 6)
After going wicketless in the first seven games of this IPL campaign, Praveen Kumar has taken five in his last four matches and shown what a telling statement he can make swinging the new ball
The skill of Gujarat Lions' seam attack, led by Praveen Kumar, beat the depth of Kolkata Knight Riders as they jumped to the top of the table at Eden Gardens
Last time Praveen Kumar got Man of the Match award in IPL, in his sixth game. MoM in this match is just his second in IPL in 108 games.
GL's win-loss record while chasing in this IPL. Only time they failed to chase a target was against KXIP in Rajkot. When batting first, they have a 1-3 record.
No. of half-centuries for Dinesh Karthik in this IPL - most by a player batting at No.4 or lower. Maxwell, Nair and Pathan have scored 2 fifties each.
Runs scored by GL in the first ten overs in this match. KKR in the first innings had made only 57 runs.
Total runs added by Smith and McCullum in the last 3 matches as a pair. In this match they added scored 42.
Previous record for the highest 5th-wicket stand in IPL by O Shah-Mathews for KKR v DC, 2010 and Miller-Sathish for KXIP v RCB 2013. Yusuf-Shakib added 134* today.
Previous highest 5th wkt p'ship in IPL after the loss of 4th wkt at a score of 25 or less - Hodge & Jadeja for KTK v PWI, 2011. Pathan-Shakib have added 100+ runs.
No. of inns Yusuf Pathan took to score his previous 2 IPL fifties before scoring 2 half-centuries in 3 innings in this IPL.
Score at which KKR lost their 4th wicket. Yusuf Pathan and Shakib have added more than 60 runs for the fifth wicket.
No. of times KKR lost more than 2 wickets in the Powerplays in this IPL, before this match. They lost three wickets inside 4 overs in this match.
No. of teams that have used just one opening pair in this IPL - KKR (Uthappa-Gambhir) and SRH (Warner-Dhawan).