- not out14102011140.00not out22700100.00Extras8 (lb 6, w 2)TOTAL124/9 (20 Overs, RR: 6.2)Fall of wickets: 1-7 (UBT Chand, 1.6 ov), 2-8 (AT Rayudu, 2.5 ov), 3-36 (RG Sharma, 8.5 ov), 4-47 (N Rana, 10.4 ov), 5-61 (JC Buttler, 13.3 ov), 6-103 (KH Pandya, 16.4 ov), 7-103 (KA Pollard, 16.5 ov), 8-104 (TG Southee, 17.2 ov), 9-114 (MJ McClenaghan, 18.3 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRnot out54527651103.84not out64510150.00Extras11 (b 4, lb 3, w 4)TOTAL127/3 (17 Overs, RR: 7.47)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (HM Amla, 0.6 ov), 2-117 (WP Saha, 15.4 ov), 3-118 (GJ Maxwell, 15.5 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 21 runs, 2 wickets)
- Mumbai Indians: 50 runs in 11.6 overs (72 balls), Extras 4
- Mumbai Indians: 100 runs in 16.2 overs (98 balls), Extras 8
- Innings Break: Mumbai Indians - 124/9 in 20.0 overs (Harbhajan Singh 14, JJ Bumrah 2)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 32 runs, 1 wicket)
- Kings XI Punjab: 50 runs in 8.2 overs (50 balls), Extras 8
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 46 balls (M Vijay 25, WP Saha 18, Ex 8)
- Kings XI Punjab: 100 runs in 13.5 overs (83 balls), Extras 10
- 2nd Wicket: 100 runs in 77 balls (M Vijay 45, WP Saha 45, Ex 10)
- WP Saha: 50 off 38 balls (5 x 4, 1 x 6)
- M Vijay: 50 off 48 balls (5 x 4, 1 x 6)
Marcus Stoinis, Punjab's medium pacer, made use of a slow pitch and claimed four wickets that helped his side thrash Mumbai by seven wickets in their Indian Twenty20 competition encounter in Visakhapatnam on Friday.
Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma admitted that his side did not calibrate their batting tactics to suit the slow pitch at the ACA-VDCA Stadium in their seven-wicket defeat to Kings XI Punjab
Plays of the day from the match between Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab in Visakhapatnam
A four-wicket haul from Marcus Stoinis set Kings XI up for a comfortable seven-wicket win over Mumbai Indians on a slow, grippy Visakhapatnam pitch with occasional low bounce
Murali Vijay's average as KXIP captain. He has made 3 fifties in 5 matches. He was averaging 23.83 before that with 1 fifty in six games this IPL season.
Runs scored in Powerplays in this match - the joint seventh lowest in a match in IPL history. The lowest are 43 run by Royal Challengers and Royals in 2009.
Bowling figures of Marcus Stoinis in this match - his best in T20s beating his previous best of 3/11 against Melbourne Renegades earlier this year.
Runs scored off the 15th over in Mumbai Indians' innings. That was the first over to go for more than 8 runs in the inns.
Runs scored by Mumbai Indians in Powerplay - the lowest for a team this season. This is also Mumbai's 2nd lowest Powerplay score ever in the IPL.
Last and the only time before this match two of top three Mumbai Indians batsmen got out on ducks - against Daredevils in 2009
Runs scored by Rohit Sharma in four inns batting first in this IPL. While chasing, he has made 394 runs in 7 inns at 98.50
Runs by Parthiv in Mumbai's last game against KXIP. In 9 other inns this season though, he made only 96 runs.He's not playing this game.
Kings XI Punjab's record against Mumbai Indians in the last five matches, including the last two encounters.