- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Nixon b White15016720622189.82lbw b Harris1540020.00c †Nixon b Harris13922842713260.96c †Nixon b O'Brien27441534061.36not out11414018314481.42b Harris01-000.00c †Nixon b White320270015.00b White031000.00not out5171773071.83Extras8 (b 5, lb 1, nb 2)TOTAL493/7d (113 Overs, RR: 4.36)Fall of wickets: 1-2 (BA Godleman), 2-246 (AJ Strauss), 3-294 (NJ Dexter), 4-354 (PJ Hughes), 5-354 (DJ Malan), 6-383 (BJM Scott), 7-383 (SD Udal)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Scott b Finn2746514058.69c Dexter b Udal669812012067.34lbw b Finn014000.00lbw b Richardson2940643172.50c Finn b Richardson601011277059.40c Richardson b Finn829321027.58c sub (†DC Nash) b Dexter969980013.04b Murtagh3271735045.07lbw b Malan1031321032.25c & b Malan2630033.33not out01823000.00Extras15 (lb 4, nb 10, w 1)TOTAL258 all out (84.1 Overs, RR: 3.06)Fall of wickets: 1-49 (MAG Boyce), 2-55 (HH Dippenaar), 3-125 (TJ New), 4-125 (HD Ackerman), 5-151 (PA Nixon), 6-206 (JJ Cobb), 7-212 (JWA Taylor), 8-241 (CD Crowe), 9-243 (IE O'Brien), 10-258 (WA White)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Murtagh1320033.33c Malan b Udal4358786074.13lbw b Murtagh9320323913045.81b Murtagh601281766046.87lbw b Murtagh01-000.00c sub (†JA Simpson) b Malan311532153020.26not out12219729311061.92c sub (†JA Simpson) b Murtagh1940492047.50not out2527364092.59Extras6 (b 3, lb 3)TOTAL400/7d (f/o) (135 Overs, RR: 2.96)Fall of wickets: 1-2 (MAG Boyce), 2-81 (TJ New), 3-196 (HH Dippenaar), 4-196 (JJ Cobb), 5-205 (HD Ackerman), 6-313 (PA Nixon), 7-355 (WA White)
Hours of play (local time)
- Tue, 28 Apr - day 1 - Middlesex 1st innings 281/2 (PJ Hughes 99*, NJ Dexter 24*, 64 ov)
- Wed, 29 Apr - day 2 - Leicestershire 1st innings 161/5 (JJ Cobb 23*, JWA Taylor 3*, 45 ov)
- Thu, 30 Apr - day 3 - Leicestershire 2nd innings 177/2 (HH Dippenaar 85*, HD Ackerman 45*, 56 ov)
- Fri, 01 May - day 4 - Leicestershire 2nd innings 400/7d (135 ov) - end of match
- Leicestershire 2nd innings
- JWA Taylor 100 in 205 mins off 161 balls, 9 fours.
- JA Simpson kept wicket as Nash injured himself.
- PJ Hughes 100 in 238 mins off 181 balls, 9 fours and 1 six.
- EJG Morgan 100 in 177 mins off 134 balls, 13 fours and 3 sixes.
- Ben Scott was taken ill at the start of play, Paul Nixon agreed for a sub keeper to be used. Eoin Morgan kept wicket up to the 63rd over when David Nash arrived.
- Middlesex 1st innings
- AJ Strauss 100 in 130 mins off 112 balls, 16 fours and 1 six.
Nottinghamshire took second place, and a handsome prize, after victory over Sussex on the final day of the Championship season
Ryan ten Doeschate produced a destructive 59-ball 108 and Mark Pettini played a captain's innings of 85 from 94 deliveries to put Essex back in the top flight for the first time since 2003
Northamptonshire's players will be utilising whatever methods they can to keep tabs on Essex's progress with their promotion fate out of their hands
Northamptonshire completed a crushing win over Leicestershire to move into second place in Division Two, but now have to wait for the result at Derby
It is looking increasingly unlikely that the successful promotion candidate will come from the County Ground despite Essex enjoying a strong revival
|1st||2||TJ New||MAG Boyce|
|2nd||79||HH Dippenaar||TJ New|
|3rd||115||HD Ackerman||HH Dippenaar|
|4th||0||HD Ackerman||JJ Cobb|
|5th||9||HD Ackerman||PA Nixon|
|6th||108||PA Nixon||JWA Taylor|
|7th||42||WA White||JWA Taylor|
|8th||45||CD Crowe||JWA Taylor|