- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRrun out (Thornely)1532383046.87c Thakor b Williams4180906051.25lbw b Freckingham50621176080.64c Williams b Freckingham2554564046.29c †O'Brien b Naik27264340103.84lbw b Naik67981356068.36run out (Williams)1316123081.25st †O'Brien b Naik5963739193.65c Boyce b Naik4077954051.94b Thakor4144545193.18not out616251037.50Extras22 (b 7, lb 4, nb 10, w 1)TOTAL406 all out (93.5 Overs, RR: 4.32)Fall of wickets: 1-39 (SA Northeast, 10.5 ov), 2-83 (RWT Key, 22.6 ov), 3-142 (MJ Powell, 36.3 ov), 4-147 (BP Nash, 38.1 ov), 5-193 (DI Stevens, 47.1 ov), 6-207 (JC Tredwell, 50.2 ov), 7-311 (MT Coles, 69.6 ov), 8-317 (GO Jones, 73.1 ov), 9-385 (M Davies, 87.1 ov), 10-406 (CJ Haggett, 93.5 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Northeast b Haggett2250724044.00c Tredwell b Haggett631161479054.31c †Jones b Haggett46566310082.14c †Jones b Stevens541311719041.22b Davies818221044.44lbw b Nash13530937419043.68c Nash b Davies1142442979046.72run out (Northeast)33133009.67not out2452583146.15b Shreck212200016.66c Key b Shreck42310200.00Extras20 (b 6, lb 8, nb 6)TOTAL495 all out (169.4 Overs, RR: 2.91)Fall of wickets: 1-53 (MA Thornely, 19.2 ov), 2-133 (EJH Eckersley, 35.4 ov), 3-138 (NJ O'Brien, 37.4 ov), 4-155 (JJ Cobb, 42.6 ov), 5-250 (RR Sarwan, 80.4 ov), 6-431 (MAG Boyce, 146.6 ov), 7-452 (JKH Naik, 156.3 ov), 8-477 (SJ Thakor, 164.2 ov), 9-491 (REM Williams, 169.2 ov), 10-495 (MJ Hoggard, 169.4 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †O'Brien b Thakor3270913045.71not out10419923111052.26c Cobb b Naik62971227063.91not out211170018.18Extras13 (lb 5, nb 8)TOTAL213/2d (62.1 Overs, RR: 3.42)Fall of wickets: 1-74 (SA Northeast, 24.3 ov), 2-198 (BP Nash, 58.5 ov)
Hours of play (local time)
- Wed, 17 Apr - day 1 - Kent 1st innings 406
- Thu, 18 Apr - day 2 - Leicestershire 1st innings 250/5 (MAG Boyce 53*, 80.4 ov)
- Fri, 19 Apr - day 3 - Leicestershire 1st innings 452/7 (SJ Thakor 105*, OH Freckingham 0*, 156.5 ov)
- Sat, 20 Apr - day 4 - Kent 2nd innings 213/2d (62.1 ov) - end of match
Matthew Hoggard will go for a scan on his hip next week after he suffered an injury on the opening day of this Championship match against Kent
Shiv Thakor and Matt Boyce both scored centuries to guide Leicestershire to an unlikely first-innings lead against Kent on the third day at Grace Road.
Leicestershire launched a spirited fightback in their County Championship clash with Kent on another boundary-laden day at Grace Road
Leicestershire's decision to bowl first backfired as Kent racked up 406 on the first day at Grace Road with half-centuries from Brendan Nash, Geraint Jones and Matt Coles.
|1st||74||RWT Key||SA Northeast|
|2nd||124||RWT Key||BP Nash|
|3rd||15||MJ Powell||RWT Key|