- not out9910100.00Extras6 (lb 2, nb 1, w 3)TOTAL82 all out (18 Overs, RR: 4.55)Fall of wickets: 1-2 (N Dickwella, 0.3 ov), 2-3 (TM Dilshan, 0.6 ov), 3-12 (LD Chandimal, 2.1 ov), 4-20 (DAS Gunaratne, 4.2 ov), 5-21 (TAM Siriwardana, 5.1 ov), 6-48 (S Prasanna, 7.5 ov), 7-54 (MD Shanaka, 10.3 ov), 8-72 (SMSM Senanayake, 15.2 ov), 9-73 (NLTC Perera, 15.4 ov), 10-82 (CRD Fernando, 17.6 ov)
- not out464651100.00not out22241091.66Extras3 (lb 3)TOTAL84/1 (13.5 Overs, RR: 6.07)Fall of wickets: 1-29 (RG Sharma, 5.2 ov)
Player Of The Match
Player Of The Series
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 29 runs, 5 wickets)
- MD Shanaka dropped at 0* by MS Dhoni
- Sri Lanka: 50 runs in 8.2 overs (51 balls), Extras 5
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 35 runs, 1 wicket)
- India: 50 runs in 8.3 overs (51 balls), Extras 3
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 50 balls (S Dhawan 26, AM Rahane 22, Ex 3)
There is still a month to go till the World Twenty20, but no side other than India can claim to know their first XI so much in advance, with MS Dhoni well aware of his team's main strengths and shortcomings
While Sri Lanka's pacers looked helpless on a dry wicket in Ranchi, they seem to be the only hope Sri Lanka have to seal the series. India, on the other hand, will be mighty pleased with the comprehensive win in Ranchi, and will hope to stretch their form
In his first three overs, bowled at the start of the match, R Ashwin bowled India to their first bilateral T20I series win at home
Previous lowest total for Sri Lanka in T20Is - vs Australia, Bridgetown, WT20 2010. 82 is the 2nd lowest total against India.
No. of times SL lost more than 6 wkts in the first 10 overs of the inns - vs Aus, Cape Town, 2007 WT20. They were all out for 101 in that match.
No. of spinners who have taken 4 wickets in the first 6 overs of the inns in T20Is, including Ashwin in this match. Benn had taken 4 for 3 vs Zim, PoS, 2009-10.