- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Healy b Reiffel520160031.25lbw b Warne1573452033.33c Warne b Reiffel411101040.00c Taylor b Reiffel315110027.27not out93133968096.87c Waugh b Warne012000.00run out2865631044.44b McGrath41190044.44c Warne b Reiffel21260033.33b Warne021000.00not out32200150.00Extras15 (lb 6, nb 2, w 7)TOTAL172/9 (43 Overs, RR: 4.00)Fall of wickets: 1-13 (SC Williams, ), 2-21 (PV Simmons, ), 3-28 (S Chanderpaul, ), 4-54 (SL Campbell, ), 5-54 (JC Adams, ), 6-135 (RA Harper, ), 7-150 (OD Gibson, ), 8-164 (CO Browne, ), 9-168 (CEL Ambrose, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Simmons b Ambrose525260019.23run out11240025.00c Harper b Gibson1655382042.10b Ambrose011000.00c †Browne b Ambrose1020142071.42not out78150886088.63c †Browne b Gibson012000.00b Harper1649370043.24c Hooper b Simmons3464482070.83run out3740075.00not out15100100.00Extras9 (lb 2, nb 4, w 3)TOTAL173/9 (43 Overs, RR: 4.02)Fall of wickets: 1-4 (MA Taylor, ), 2-15 (MJ Slater, ), 3-15 (RT Ponting, ), 4-32 (SG Law, ), 5-38 (ME Waugh, ), 6-38 (S Lee, ), 7-74 (IA Healy, ), 8-157 (PR Reiffel, ), 9-167 (SK Warne, )
West Indies , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
1 January 1996 - day/night match (50-over match)
Australia 2, West Indies 0
- 108 minutes of play lost: Match reduced to 43 overs.
- Warne gets wickets off the first and third balls in his first over.
- Bevan hits a 4 off the last ball to win the match.
- Crowd: 37562