- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Browne b Ambrose026000.00c †Browne b Walsh337280010.71c Hooper b Ambrose325100030.00c Gibson b Bishop1042161062.50c †Browne b Ambrose053000.00not out371481162031.89run out (Simmons)061000.00c †Browne b Gibson1483671020.89c †Browne b Simmons820220036.36c Harper b Walsh2460033.33b Gibson032000.00Extras25 (lb 2, nb 5, w 18)TOTAL102 all out (45.2 Overs, RR: 2.25)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (UC Hathurusingha, 0.6 ov), 2-12 (AP Gurusinha, 6.2 ov), 3-17 (ST Jayasuriya, 7.5 ov), 4-19 (RS Mahanama, 8.4 ov), 5-33 (PA de Silva, 14.3 ov), 6-34 (RS Kaluwitharana, 15.6 ov), 7-77 (WPUJC Vaas, 37.4 ov), 8-95 (AMN Munasinghe, 43.2 ov), 9-98 (GP Wickramasinghe, 44.3 ov), 10-102 (M Muralitharan, 45.2 ov)
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRlbw b Vaas62410150.00c Muralitharan b Vaas3478392087.17run out1046441022.72not out1973472040.42not out1844420042.85Extras17 (lb 2, nb 7, w 8)TOTAL104/3 (26.1 Overs, RR: 3.97)Fall of wickets: 1-6 (PV Simmons, ), 2-46 (S Chanderpaul, ), 3-68 (SL Campbell, )
- Vulture Street Woolloongabba, QLD, 4151 +61 (0)7 3008 6166
Sri Lanka , elected to bat first
Player of the match
5 January 1996 - day/night match (50-over match)
West Indies 2, Sri Lanka 0
- Umpire RA Emerson makes his debut in an international match.
- 1st ever floodlit ODI in Brisbane.
- 25th anniversary of One-day Internationals (first one held on the 5th of January 1971, Australia defeating England at the MCG).
- Play started 35 minutes after the scheduled starting time of 1:30pm. Tea interval reduced to 30 minutes, and play extended beyond it's normal finishing time. Match remains at 50 overs per side.
- Ambrose's 3rd over had 4 wides.
- Walsh (apparent thigh strain) substituted from the 11th over to the 17th over.
- Bishop's 4th over had 4 wides.
- Sri Lanka 100 off 44.4 overs.
- Browne takes 5 catches and equals the world record for most dismissals by a wicket keeper.
- Murali's second over had 2 no-balls for throwing.
- WI 100 coming in the 26th over.