- not out012000.00not out011000.00Extras7 (lb 2, w 5)TOTAL81/9 (20 Overs, RR: 4.05)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (SP Patil, 2.4 ov), 2-2 (Mohammad Shahzad, 3.3 ov), 3-25 (Rohan Mustafa, 8.4 ov), 4-51 (Muhammad Usman, 12.5 ov), 5-53 (Amjad Javed, 13.2 ov), 6-62 (Muhammad Kaleem, 15.5 ov), 7-66 (Fahad Tariq, 16.6 ov), 8-80 (Mohammad Naveed, 19.2 ov), 9-81 (Shaiman Anwar, 19.5 ov)
- not out1620463080.00not out25141941178.57Extras2 (nb 1, w 1)TOTAL82/1 (10.1 Overs, RR: 8.06)Fall of wickets: 1-43 (RG Sharma, 5.5 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 21 runs, 2 wickets)
- United Arab Emirates: 50 runs in 12.4 overs (76 balls), Extras 5
- Innings Break: United Arab Emirates - 81/9 in 20.0 overs (Ahmed Raza 0, Qadeer Ahmed 0)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 43 runs, 1 wicket)
- India: 50 runs in 7.1 overs (44 balls), Extras 2
Slow surfaces, large boundaries, sapping heat and low totals were a deviation from the quotidian ODI run-fest
The stand-in captain told the players before the Asia Cup to perform as if they were playing domestic cricket. He said it was "to ensure there's no insecurity within"
The Bangladesh captain rued another batting collapse and gave credit to his bowlers for performing well throughout the tournament
Rohit Sharma became the fifth captain to lead India to an Asia Cup title
Right through the Asia Cup, Bangladesh's middle order had made up for their misfiring top order. In the final, the roles were reversed
Win margin for India, in terms of balls remaining, which is the biggest for India beating their 37-ball win against SL in Vizag last month when chasing 83.
No. of totals lower than UAE's 81 without getting all-out in T20Is when batting all 20 overs. WI had scored 79 for 7 vs Zim, Port of Spain, Feb 2010
No. of India players who have appeared in 50 or more T20Is, including Yuvraj Singh who is playing his 50th match today. Dhoni, Raina and Rohit are the others.
Runs by UAE in the powerplays - joint-lowest by any team against India in T20Is. Zimbabwe also were 21 for 2 in Harare in 2010.
No. of balls it required for UAE to score their first run - second-most in T20Is. Zimbabwe took 21 balls to get off mark vs WI, Port of Spain, Feb 2010.