- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Bevan b McGrath38453080126.66c SR Waugh b McGrath724111063.63b Reiffel1345251052.00c ME Waugh b Reiffel3660050.00c †Healy b McGrath1770014.28c & b SR Waugh630171035.29lbw b Bevan59102757078.66b Bevan4870675071.64run out (Fleming)2650040.00c SR Waugh b ME Waugh093000.00not out6570085.71Extras18 (lb 3, nb 4, w 11)TOTAL201 all out (41 Overs, RR: 4.90)Fall of wickets: 1-32 (SR Tendulkar, ), 2-64 (NR Mongia, ), 3-67 (M Azharuddin, ), 4-68 (VG Kambli, ), 5-72 (R Dravid, ), 6-89 (A Jadeja, ), 7-189 (SB Joshi, ), 8-191 (J Srinath, ), 9-194 (SC Ganguly, ), 10-201 (A Kumble, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Azharuddin b Prasad2975564051.78c Tendulkar b Joshi2348333069.69lbw b Joshi023000.00st †Mongia b Kumble55110832066.26c Dravid b Prasad6780703295.71not out1233910133.33run out (Azharuddin)414130030.76b Kumble21040050.00not out11100100.00Extras9 (lb 2, nb 3, w 4)TOTAL202/7 (44.3 Overs, RR: 4.53)Fall of wickets: 1-50 (ME Waugh, ), 2-50 (RT Ponting, ), 3-69 (MJ Slater, ), 4-182 (SG Law, ), 5-185 (SR Waugh, ), 6-194 (IA Healy, ), 7-197 (GB Hogg, )
Australia , elected to field first
Player of the match
6 September 1996 (50-over match)
Australia 2, India 0
- No play possible on the originally scheduled date of September 5 due to rain and a wet ground.
- Match delayed for 85 minutes due to wet field. Match reduced to 45 overs per side.
- Bevan hit a 4 to win the match
- Australia to meet Sri Lanka in the final