- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc †Karim b Srinath1952333057.57c Dravid b Singh51120695073.91lbw b Singh4970584084.48b Kumble60825141117.64b Tendulkar4151453091.11b Prasad1014140071.42lbw b Prasad021000.00b Kumble1624232069.56not out15211301115.38not out24200100.00Extras15 (lb 8, nb 4, w 3)TOTAL278/8 (50 Overs, RR: 5.56)Fall of wickets: 1-44 (AC Hudson, ), 2-130 (G Kirsten, ), 3-130 (JH Kallis, ), 4-221 (JN Rhodes, ), 5-242 (WJ Cronje, ), 6-242 (SM Pollock, ), 7-244 (DJ Cullinan, ), 8-266 (L Klusener, )
- BATSMENRMB4s6sSRc Donald b Pollock511100050.00c Bryson b Cronje45483371136.36c Kirsten b Klusener84140945189.36c Rhodes b Pollock45624420102.27c Hudson b Klusener1827191194.73run out (Cronje)1530171088.23b Donald319100030.00c Cullinan b Donald11530033.33b Donald011000.00run out (Klusener)64510120.00not out2530066.66Extras10 (b 1, lb 4, nb 3, w 2)TOTAL234 all out (39.2 Overs, RR: 5.94)Fall of wickets: 1-18 (SC Ganguly, ), 2-84 (SR Tendulkar, ), 3-165 (M Azharuddin, ), 4-198 (A Jadeja, ), 5-210 (R Dravid, ), 6-224 (RR Singh, ), 7-224 (SS Karim, ), 8-224 (SA Ankola, ), 9-230 (A Kumble, ), 10-234 (J Srinath, )
- Kingsmead, Durban
South Africa , elected to bat first
South Africa won the 1996/97 Standard Bank International One-Day Series
Player of the match
Player of the series
13 February 1997 - day/night match (50-over match)
- Kallis was caught off a no-ball from Ankola on 13.
- Cullinan dropped by Tendulkar off Ankola on 21.
- Rain between innings resulted in India being set a target of 251 in 40 overs