- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Karim b Srinath1933523057.57c Dravid b Singh51691205073.91lbw b Singh4958704084.48b Kumble60518241117.64b Tendulkar4145513091.11b Prasad1014140071.42lbw b Prasad012000.00b Kumble1623242069.56not out15132101115.38not out22400100.00Extras15 (lb 8, nb 4, w 3)TOTAL278/8 (50 Overs, RR: 5.56)Fall of wickets: 1-44 (AC Hudson), 2-130 (G Kirsten), 3-130 (JH Kallis), 4-221 (JN Rhodes), 5-242 (WJ Cronje), 6-242 (SM Pollock), 7-244 (DJ Cullinan), 8-266 (L Klusener)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Donald b Pollock510110050.00c Bryson b Cronje45334871136.36c Kirsten b Klusener84941405189.36c Rhodes b Pollock45446220102.27c Hudson b Klusener1819271194.73run out (Cronje)1517301088.23b Donald310190030.00c Cullinan b Donald13150033.33b Donald011000.00run out (Klusener)65410120.00not out2350066.66Extras10 (b 1, lb 4, nb 3, w 2)TOTAL234 all out (39.2 Overs, RR: 5.94)Fall of wickets: 1-18 (SC Ganguly), 2-84 (SR Tendulkar), 3-165 (M Azharuddin), 4-198 (A Jadeja), 5-210 (R Dravid), 6-224 (RR Singh), 7-224 (SS Karim), 8-224 (SA Ankola), 9-230 (A Kumble), 10-234 (J Srinath)
Player Of The Match
Player Of The Series
- Kallis was caught off a no-ball from Ankola on 13.
- Cullinan dropped by Tendulkar off Ankola on 21.
- Rain between innings resulted in India being set a target of 251 in 40 overs
The figure 183 is very famous in Indian cricket; it is a number that makes the eyes of cricket fans sparkle and sends tingles down their spines, more than 18 years after it was notched up to become part and parcel of Indian cricket's greatest
Every time India loses a one-day final, the whole country tears the team to pieces, and theories are floated as to why our cricketers choke at the most important hour
The Indian innings at Kingsmead resembled a pre-climax scene from abad B-movie, where the villain has a noose around the neck of theheroine standing on an ice block
Another abject surrender by India saw them slump to their ninthconsecutive one-day final loss at Kingsmead, Durban, on Friday
I was expecting a closely contested final at Durban on Friday but evenas the Indian innings drew to a sorry close, I knew that my hopes weregoing to be dashed